USPS Hiring 100,000, Vets Get Preference

Hunerwadel

Will Trade Racists for Refugees
Let me just throw out a few things. Didn't USPS have a bunch of retirements and layoffs several years ago? Haven't they been bleeding money for years? Is USPS funded in part by the government? Could this be a way for the government to claim 100,000 jobs were added in August?

Last edited:
Let me just throw out a few things. Didn't USPS have a bunch of retirements and layoffs several years ago? Haven't they been bleeding money for years? Is USPS funded in part by the government? Could thjs be a way for the government to claim 100,000 jobs were added in August?
They still have that 🤡 in charge too

Completely anecdotal but hiring preferences extended towards vets are like a political campaign promise. I was unemployed for most of 2019. Of the hundred or so applications I submitted through Tennessee’s RESEA program, I got two interviews.

Reactions: AshG and hog88
Completely anecdotal but hiring preferences extended towards vets are like a political campaign promise. I was unemployed for most of 2019. Of the hundred or so applications I submitted through Tennessee’s RESEA program, I got two interviews.

So you're good now?

The military doesn't return a profit either. Are they failing?
You serious? Watch the news. That aside what is their purpose? There are free market choices that for the money, do it better..... That can't be said for national defense.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
I’ll also add that most jobs currently advertised for the USPS are for rural carrier associates and other flexible and/or temporary positions.

The military doesn't return a profit either. Are they failing?
Your comparison falls pretty short when one has several private competitors that provide better service and one is required to answer directly to the Executive and Legislative branches for use

VN Store

Back