UT (and each SEC School) receives record $20.7 million payout

phowell23

Nice payday for all SEC members:

The league revenue comes from football and basketball TV contracts, bowl games, the conference football championship game, the men’s basketball tournament, NCAA championship events and supplemental distribution totaling $289.4 million in revenue

Last year each team got $20.3 million.

SEC revenue is expected to explode once the SEC Network launches in 2014. Some industry experts have projected per-team annual revenue to exceed $30 million.

Not only does the SEC have the best football teams but also the highest paid. :thumbsup:

Merge if already posted.

Reactions: 2 people
Um...hate to be that guy, but actually...

I think the Big 12 payout's supposedly to be around $26 mil a team

As for the Big 10, they were supposed to get $25.7 mil per year

These numbers, comparatively are all pre-SEC network of course; that will narrow, even surpass those margins

Reactions: 1 person
Where exactly does the revenue money go every year? Is it used for specific purposes?

I ask bc a big deal was made about the athletic department's reserves some months ago. Maybe this can helps us out in that area.

These numbers, comparatively are all pre-SEC network of course; that will narrow, even surpass those margins

We set a revenue record, but do split it between more teams.

We set a revenue record, but do split it between more teams.

I'm aware of all that. He just, initially, kind of made it sound like he was saying the conference teams each made the most (per team)

Also I think they made a revenue record for the conference. But, mainly because of its Big Ten Network in place, I think that the B1G was still making the most revenue overall....that gap was too big last year to have disappeared without a Network deal.

Time to expand the capacity of Neyland Stadium and give it bigger jumbotrons than the Dallas Coyboys have. We also need to build a dock big enough for a Royal Carribean cruiseliner to pony up to Neyland!

Smokey needs a gold plated, air conditioned hootch carried by 4 smokin hot cheerleaders, complete with a harem of young virgin Blue Tick beeotches inside!

Ohh and maybe pay down debt/build up reserves.

Reactions: 4 people

Actually Big12 will average $16.5 million a piece but newcomers (WV & TCU) will only get $11 million and others will get $22 million.

Not only does the SEC have the best football teams but also the highest paid. :thumbsup:

Merge if already posted.

That's chump change compared to how deep in the doo doo we are in. Gonna take a lot of them paydays to build up the reserve.

Merge if already posted.

The largest revenue event of the season is from the S.E.C. Championship game.

Also, if you will recall, years ago, the NCAA decided who played on t.v. Then University of Georgia took that to court and won, thus allowing more games to be televised.

The largest jump in revenues has been from 2014 - now. However; I expect to see more of a jump, once the S.E.C. Network comes aboard.

I also expect to see Slive get the S.E.C. Network up and running and then he will likely retire..... He has either one or two more years left on his contract.

The largest revenue event of the season is from the S.E.C. Championship game.

Also, if you will recall, years ago, the NCAA decided who played on t.v. Then University of Georgia took that to court and won, thus allowing more games to be televised.

The largest jump in revenues has been from 2014 - now. However; I expect to see more of a jump, once the S.E.C. Network comes aboard.

I also expect to see Slive get the S.E.C. Network up and running and then he will likely retire..... He has either one or two more years left on his contract.

I made a typo. I actually meant 2004 and not 2014.
I got all of this information from sports radio, here, in Nashville.....

Jimmy Cheek and Susan Martin are trying to figure out how to get their paws on this money.

VN Store

Back