UT Athletic Department’s financial report

@1RBFjr

That’s a terrible idea. What time?
The NCAA requires members to give financial information (revenues, expenses, capital) from athletics. The below link is UT’s 2022 report.

It’s an interesting read looking at where the money comes in and goes out.

I fully intend to read but lemme guess. Incoming, TV revenue, outgoing travel(which is gonna get worse next year).

Edit: I was wrong…of course Coaches salaries…duh.

Briefly, here are some of the pages I found interesting:

15- ticket sales revenue
23- contributions broken down by sport
32- sports camp revenue; softball and baseball lead the way, but see expenses on page 52
36- operating revenues by sport
38- athletic scholarship info
40- how much were visitors paid to play in Knoxville
41- coaching salaries and benefits per sport
47- recruiting expenses
55- can anyone explain why baseball's overhead and expenses are about 3 times greater than football's?
63- total operating expenses by sport
79- statement of revenues and expenses

I fully intend to read but lemme guess. Incoming, TV revenue, outgoing travel(which is gonna get worse next year).

Edit: I was wrong…of course Coaches salaries…duh.
Agree, 66. the money spent on travel for non-revenue sports is ridiculous. Can't wait to see the BIG's travel expense.(UCLA's swimming team to Rutgers for example)

I’ll take a better when I can get it on iPad or at work…

But does this include Tennessee fund numbers or is that a separate sheet? I’m assuming separate…

Agree, 66. the money spent on travel for non-revenue sports is ridiculous. Can't wait to see the BIG's travel expense.(UCLA's swimming team to Rutgers for example)
The point is, respectfully, zero out the balance with the profit, anti trust exemption considered. It’s supposed to show a loss. I like fudge as much as the next guy! 😛

Reactions: EZE

55- can anyone explain why baseball's overhead and expenses are about 3 times greater than football's?
Just a guess, but maybe a lot more away games. Planes, hotels, per diem, etc.

30 away games (baseball) vs 5 or 6 (football)

Reactions: EZE

Just a guess, but maybe a lot more away games. Planes, hotels, per firm, etc.

30 away games (baseball) vs 5 or 6 (football).

I think my iPhone time warped and posted three replies, all at different times.

I swear I only typed that reply out once. 🤣

I think my iPhone time warped and posted three replies, all at different times.

I swear I only typed that reply out once. 🤣
Come to think of it, I don’t recall seeing any payouts for former coaches. Unless I missed it, that could free up millions of dollars.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

The University of Tennessee Athletics Department submitted its annual financial data report to the NCAA this week. For the first time in school history, the department eclipsed the $200 million mark in revenue generation.

For fiscal year 2023, Tennessee Athletics finished with $202,097,305 in total operating revenue. The fiscal year was July 1, 2022, through June 30, 2023.

The meteoric rise was due to record levels of self-generated income for Tennessee Athletics. Ticket sales increased over 13 percent from $35.1 million in FY 2022 to $39.7 million in FY 2023, while contributions saw a historic jump of over 90 percent from $32.7M in FY 2022 to $62.2M in FY 2023.

Concessions and parking also saw a dramatic rise of 83 percent ($12.2M) from the previous year, while royalties, licensing, and sponsorships grew 34 percent ($23.9M) over the last 12 months.

The new revenue benchmark for Tennessee Athletics coincided with unprecedented athletics success last year.

In 2022-23, Tennessee repeated as SEC All-Sports champion while becoming only the second school to sweep the men's and women's all-sports standings. UT also became the only school ever to win a New Year's Six bowl game, advance both its men's and women's basketball teams to the Sweet Sixteen and send both its softball and baseball teams to the College World Series—in the same academic year.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back