Ut Has 2 On Playboy All-american Team

It had a pretty cool pic in there too....

Attachments

• img8458610.jpg
    img8458610.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 2
Sweet... love the props, but all it means is you have to work that hard when the pads come on. Everyone will play their hardest against you.

Anyway, congrats Allen and Mahelona.

Tough to get any RB love when Reggie Bush, Adrian Peterson and DeAngelo Williams are still in school.

:good: I think Riggs will have a super year. But your right, there is a lot of great running backs around the nation. GOVOLS
Its great to be a Tennessee Vol, especially living in alabama

That would be fine with me . . .

What I want to know is if the team got to go to the mansion. :naughty:

Originally posted by checkerboard_charly@May 10, 2005 8:03 PM
very true. but riggs does have a good last name.

he could break through this year.
at least 2nd team all american. :dunno:

1st team all-SEC. Our offense will be too balanced for him to get national exposure like that, I think, unless there are all-American honorable mentions.

Originally posted by milohimself+May 10, 2005 10:47 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (milohimself @ May 10, 2005 10:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-checkerboard_charly@May 10, 2005 8:03 PM
very true. but riggs does have  a good last name.

he could break through this year. 
at least 2nd team all american. :dunno:

1st team all-SEC. Our offense will be too balanced for him to get national exposure like that, I think, unless there are all-American honorable mentions. [/quote]
yeah u r probaly right about that milo.

but okalhoma runs a balanced offense and look what peterson did.

I personally believe that&#39;s because AP is genuinely that talented. It pains me to say it, because I hate Oklahoma, but AP could very well turn into one of the best RB&#39;s in the college game in a long, long time.

A couple of other observations:

UT led the SEC with 2 selections, LSU and Bama had one each. (none for Florida, Auburn, Georgia, or SC)

"Player you&#39;d like your daughter to marry: Roman Harper" ???? Must have missed that he&#39;s from Alabama. That, or dads are counting on the shallow gene pool leaving him impotent.

Note also that the panel lacked any representation from the SEC or Southern NFL teams.

Well - the "panel" is more or less really just one guy - Gil Brandt. I had a chance to spend some time with him a couple of years ago and he is without a doubt one of the neatest, most knowledgeable football minds I have ever seen. He found out I was a Tennessee fan and told me story after story about Tennessee football and ended by giving me NFL prospects reports on just about the entire team - all off the top of his head.

You didn&#39;t, by chance, get any extra "backstage passes" to Hef&#39;s abode, did you?

I&#39;ve heard that Gil is a cool guy before. No commentary on the selections -- I&#39;m glad to have 2&#33; It&#39;s hard to argue with most of the others on the list. USC with 4&#33;&#33;&#33; Wow. I was just pointing out the lack of SEC representation in the "credits" at the bottom of the story.

VN Store

Back