UT Individual Single Season Records....

OrangeCrush18

A few records to keep an eye on.

Consecutive games with TD pass thrown--12, Heath Shuler (1993)
6, Erik Ainge

Most TD passes caught—13, Marcus Nash (1997)
5, Bret Smith

I do believe Erik can break that record... UT really does have a pretty outstanding WR squad, who will only get better with time. Not only that, but Erik's arm will only get better with time, none of those botch games.

Don't take this wrong because all preseason I predicted Ainge as the starter and with that said. He may or may not get that record and if he doesn't this year he may not next since Crompton could very well win the job next fall and if Ainge holds on to the starters job you'll know he has really improved because Crompton and Ainge right now this very day are equal in all aspects in being QB's.

Erik's maturing extremley fast. No quarterback ever goes into playing college ball, especially SEC, and plays perfectly. I seriously doubt Crompton will take over Ainge's spot. It will be better for the organization to redshirt Crompton for a year, so that way both of them will have time to shine. If they don't do this, I would be extremley suprised.

[/QUOTE]Don't take this wrong because all preseason I predicted Ainge as the starter and with that said. He may or may not get that record and if he doesn't this year he may not next since Crompton could very well win the job next fall and if Ainge holds on to the starters job you'll know he has really improved because Crompton and Ainge right now this very day are equal in all aspects in being QB's.
How can u say they r equal if he has never played a snap of college football?that doesnt make a lot of sense to me.....maybe they are.....but we cant know that until he gets to UT......i dont care who is back there as long as we are winning games....but i guess u kno since u knew all preseason Ainge would be the starter....but Crompton has a tough job to come in here and take a job away from a very talented kid at QB right now.....

i was meaning you havent seen him against SEC talent....i dono how good he is....i hear he is good.....but thats in high school.....its a whole nother level in college.....no one will know until he is at UT practicing and scrimmaging...and u all need to support who we got at QB now....not the future....all this i cant wait for crompton....hes so good....support Ainge....hes winning aint he?....i dont have anything against Crompton but Ainge could be somethin special.....but he is the one playin QB for us now

Originally posted by bigzurc420@Oct 20, 2004 8:10 AM
i was meaning you havent seen him against SEC talent....i dono how good he is....i hear he is good.....but thats in high school.....its a whole nother level in college.....no one will know until he is at UT practicing and scrimmaging...and u all need to support who we got at QB now....not the future....all this i cant wait for crompton....hes so good....support Ainge....hes winning aint he?....i dont have anything against Crompton but Ainge could be somethin special.....but he is the one playin QB for us now

I'm with you Zurc. Let's at least get Crompton on campus before we start the hype....

Another day, another TD. Erik just keeps on trucking. At this rate he will throw a TD pass in every game his whole UT career.

It is simply amazing that he is only a freshman and is having such success. I tip my hats to the coachs for creating a game plan in which he can succeed and grow as a Qb. :clap:

I don't guess Bret's return counts on his list... too bad. That guy does nothing but score! :machinegun:

VN Store

Back