UT Roster: The Biggest Weight Gainers And Losers

Assuming that they all reflect positive changes in body composition, and that is, of course, a dangerous assumption, a few points really jump out. Linebackers have, hopefully, really been packing on some muscle: 63 pounds as a group, which is, by far, the biggest weight gain for any positional group, followed surprisingly by DBs.

Most notably, among linebackers, Channing Fugate has gained 17 lbs.; Christian Harris, 14 lbs.; Raiques Crump, 13 lbs.; and Greg King, 9 lbs.

On the defensive front, Jason Carr (25 lbs.), Corey Vereen (18 lbs.) and Malik Brown (17 lbs.) have all put on considerable beef. Conversely, Daniel Hood (-15), Danny O’Brien (-17) and Jaylen Miller (-25) have gotten considerably leaner.

In the secondary, Byron Moore has gained 15 lbs, which, hopefully, will not have a negative impact on his speed. Jalen Reeves-Maybin and Cameron Sutton have each added 10 lbs. Collectively, defensive backs have added a total of 45 pounds, which is rather significant, given their typical size.

Freshman offensive lineman Austin Sanders’ 26-pound weight gain partially offsets the trend toward lighter, more mobile “big uglies”, as evidenced by the 14-pound weight losses of Kyler Kerbyson and Alan Posey, and the more modest losses of upperclassmen Ja’Wuan James and Antonio Richardon (-5 pounds apiece), as well as James Stone (-9 lbs.).

Funny how everyone whines that Dobbs needs to gain weight when he's a lot bigger than ferguson.

Hello olb for reeves maybin if he is 210-205 there is easily ten more pounds to gain there

Kid didn't have blazing speed coming out of HS either. OLB may be his spot. Think I was seeing a 4.7 on him. Not bad for LB, not good for S.

Assuming that they all reflect positive changes in body composition, and that is, of course, a dangerous assumption, a few points really jump out. Linebackers have, hopefully, really been packing on some muscle: 63 pounds as a group, which is, by far, the biggest weight gain for any positional group, followed surprisingly by DBs.

Most notably, among linebackers, Channing Fugate has gained 17 lbs.; Christian Harris, 14 lbs.; Raiques Crump, 13 lbs.; and Greg King, 9 lbs.

On the defensive front, Jason Carr (25 lbs.), Corey Vereen (18 lbs.) and Malik Brown (17 lbs.) have all put on considerable beef. Conversely, Daniel Hood (-15), Danny O’Brien (-17) and Jaylen Miller (-25) have gotten considerably leaner.

In the secondary, Byron Moore has gained 15 lbs, which, hopefully, will not have a negative impact on his speed. Jalen Reeves-Maybin and Cameron Sutton have each added 10 lbs. Collectively, defensive backs have added a total of 45 pounds, which is rather significant, given their typical size.

Freshman offensive lineman Austin Sanders’ 26-pound weight gain partially offsets the trend toward lighter, more mobile “big uglies”, as evidenced by the 14-pound weight losses of Kyler Kerbyson and Alan Posey, and the more modest losses of upperclassmen Ja’Wuan James and Antonio Richardon (-5 pounds apiece), as well as James Stone (-9 lbs.).

You'd be surprised how much speed you can retain and in some instances even gain if you are training properly. Explosive movements and proper nutrition make a huge difference and I just really have a feeling that this regime of coaches is doing things far more efficiently that than last band of idiots.

Reactions: 1 person
Not really (with respect to your first sentence). My undergraduate degree was in exercise physiology. I qualified my remarks simply because, although the information pertaining to weight gain or loss is useful, it doesn't provide direct insight into body composition. Now, if the author also had hydrostatic estimates of body fat, then we could really assess just how much progress is associated with the numbers provided in this article.

Not really (with respect to your first sentence). My undergraduate degree was in exercise physiology. I qualified my remarks simply because, although the information pertaining to weight gain or loss is useful, it doesn't provide direct insight into body composition. Now, if the author also had hydrostatic estimates of body fat, then we could really assess just how much progress is associated with the numbers provided in this article.

Yeah, in addition to their weight, they need to also include their hypo..., hyper..., hippo...., ...what he said.

Seriously, it would be good to know their body fat %age before and after as well.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back