UT Wins in Walkoff Fashion Once Again to Claim Doubleheader Sweep and Series Win Over

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Down to its last out and its final strike, the University of Tennessee baseball team rallied for two runs in the bottom of the seventh inning, capped off by a bases loaded hit-by-pitch by senior Cody Grisham, to defeat No. 15 Vanderbilt, 4-3, and claim a doubleheader sweep and series win on Sunday afternoon in front of a season-high crowd of 3,136 at Lindsey Nelson Stadium in Knoxville.

More...

Discuss.

Beating vandie like that is sweet. Their coach is suspended for instructing his pitchers to throw at Vols, & with it these 3 little words: same old vandy!

...of over 1,000 games, I desire to comment on this subject of guilt and its adjudication in said game.

First, observe moi in action.

http://tinyurl.com/28fhdqf :dance2:

During the contest, the intellectual umpire obtains a "feel" for the enjoyment of one Contestant for the other. :air_kiss:

When this enjoyment becomes less joy and more, er, ment :dry: then at the first instance of danger to the players, the fine Plate Umpire (crudely acronymed PU):mad: reminds the contestants, and their Generals, that the PU has noticed a lack of merriment and to cut that s*** out. :aggressive:

"Better red(faced) than dead" is the PUs mantra.

Whereupon sanctions are quickly, expeditiously and uniformly initiated.

I belabor the point.

S*** begins early. PUs often send warnings via F2 to the Generals that the s*** is getting to be, er, bothersome well before sanctions, rear headed pitches and all sorts of life threatening childishness is brought to the attention of the casual but important viewer.

I gazed at this contest. I saw the competitiveness of the combatants.

I concur with all that followed from the fine officials who arbitrated this challenge.

I also burp if not fed bread with hamburgers in between but that is another post for another time and...

BURP

:crazy:

It is always nice to beat the popmous douchebags. I congratulate the team for once again overcoming Raleigh.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back