utjr getting their BIG BOY Conference "markings"

TAF

Oh Yeah...I mean it!

horns-horns-down.gif

ALTHOUGH...ZERO sighting of "SEC" in EASports' Version of their high school stadium...

Reactions: Buzzbait
You will learn to hate Texas yes you will.
Spent several years near Norman and following that league. There's a reason aTm wanted rid of their presence. They'll end up being seen like a hybrid of ND and bama in this league. Honestly, with Saban gone, the road to becoming the most hated team in all of college football just opened up for Texas. As you pointed out, hating Texas is inevitable. I'm already well down that road. Id rate them neck and neck with bama now and rapidly gaining on UGA.

Spent several years near Norman and following that league. There's a reason aTm wanted rid of their presence. They'll end up being seen like a hybrid of ND and bama in this league. Honestly, with Saban gone, the road to becoming the most hated team in all of college football just opened up for Texas. As you pointed out, hating Texas is inevitable. I'm already well down that road. Id rate them neck and neck with bama now and rapidly gaining on UGA.
IMO, Georgia is like when Jed struck oil. You can't take the backwoods out of them regardless of their dollars.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
ALTHOUGH...ZERO sighting of "SEC" in EASports' Version of their high school stadium...

That may confirm that you can edit conferences in video game. Probably easier to not list logo because of that (or have a spot on field where logos are interchangeable like in the NCAA 2013 and before).

Who's happy that texas and oklahoma are in the SEC? Not me...Fans will get played more and more as the schools, networks, players all chase more
and more dollars....

Who's happy that texas and oklahoma are in the SEC? Not me...Fans will get played more and more as the schools, networks, players all chase more
and more dollars....
I didn't like the addition of the last four before those two!

Older now and understand TV economics and how money works towards the universities improving but, I’m just a fan of the old SEC-pre Arkansas and USCe.

But Jed was good people. georgia is a useless turd like Leif Crick...always scheming and slothy
View attachment 643502

I'm enjoying this Beverly Hillbillies SEC analogy entirely too much lol.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Ole Miss is kinda like Sonny Drysdale. Always talks a big game but usually just ends up crying about something.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-05-29-07-19-07-552.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-05-29-07-19-07-552.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 1
I am surprised that they aren't hated even more than they are already, honestly. Lots of people are really upset about conference realignment. The economics of college sports are what ultimately is causing conferences to realign, and if Texas wasn't the proximate cause something else would have been, but the match that started the latest realignment fire was Texas forming the Longhorn Network.

I think your ND/Bama hybrid description is very apt. They combine "big football school" with a fanbase that has many trendy, wine and cheese, big city-types in it. At least that is how A&M fans have described them to me.

Last edited:
I am surprised that they aren't hated even more than they are already, honestly. Lots of people are really upset about conference realignment. The economics of college sports are what ultimately is causing conferences to realign, and if Texas wasn't the proximate cause something else would have been, but the match that started the latest realignment fire was Texas forming the Longhorn Network.

I think your ND/Bama hybrid description is very apt. They combine "big football school" with a fanbase that has many trendy, wine and cheese, big city-types in it. At least that is how A&M fans have described them to me.
I think there is too much going on to focus on Texas only. NIL, other conference expansions that make even less sense, and cents, than Texas, expanded playoffs, all the NCAA legal cases. that spreads the anger and attention around.

I think Texas gets too much hate for demise of Big12 and Nebraska/Colorado don't get enough.

Nebraska and Colorado were the first to leave. Nebraska came off as sour grapes: "we can't win anymore because Texas makes more money so we will leave." Nebraska was in the weaker Big12 division and frankly should have won it most years.

Nebraska has a good spot right now in the B1G (or at least they were until this year). Michigan, Ohio State, Michigan State, and Penn State were all in the other division. No top 15 program in their division besides Nebraska itself but they still couldn't win.

Colorado wanted to be "cool and liberal" with the West Coast but it blew up in their face and now they are back in the Big12.

Both should have just stayed and kept Big12 together. Chances are the Big12 would still be rolling and Pac12 would still be around had that happened.

I don't see why these leagues just couldn't schedule stronger OOC games to drive up their TV revenues.

Big12 goofed by not making Oklahoma-Nebraska an annual game.

Big12 also was kind of hurt by having some of the weaker programs (fanbase wise) getting successful and having some of the stronger programs (fanbase wise) struggling. Nebraska, Texas A&M, Texas, and some of the programs with big fanbases were just not doing well in Football while the smaller schools like Baylor, Kansas State, Iowa State, etc. were winning. That just made the Bigger programs want to leave more.

I think Texas gets too much hate for demise of Big12 and Nebraska/Colorado don't get enough.

Nebraska and Colorado were the first to leave. Nebraska came off as sour grapes: "we can't win anymore because Texas makes more money so we will leave." Nebraska was in the weaker Big12 division and frankly should have won it most years.

Nebraska has a good spot right now in the B1G (or at least they were until this year). Michigan, Ohio State, Michigan State, and Penn State were all in the other division. No top 15 program in their division besides Nebraska itself but they still couldn't win.

Colorado wanted to be "cool and liberal" with the West Coast but it blew up in their face and now they are back in the Big12.

Both should have just stayed and kept Big12 together. Chances are the Big12 would still be rolling and Pac12 would still be around had that happened.

I don't see why these leagues just couldn't schedule stronger OOC games to drive up their TV revenues.

Big12 goofed by not making Oklahoma-Nebraska an annual game.

Big12 also was kind of hurt by having some of the weaker programs (fanbase wise) getting successful and having some of the stronger programs (fanbase wise) struggling. Nebraska, Texas A&M, Texas, and some of the programs with big fanbases were just not doing well in Football while the smaller schools like Baylor, Kansas State, Iowa State, etc. were winning. That just made the Bigger programs want to leave more.
Nebraska and A&M left because of LHN. Instead of having a conference-wide network, Texas opted for having their own thing. That is what splintered the conference, for better or worse.

The Big 12 was always vulnerable to something like this because from its inception it was dominated by Texas and Oklahoma.

Nebraska and A&M left because of LHN. Instead of having a conference-wide network, Texas opted for having their own thing. That is what splintered the conference, for better or worse.

The Big 12 was always vulnerable to something like this because from its inception it was dominated by Texas and Oklahoma.

Big deal. Texas had one of its worse runs in Football with the LHN. Stop whining, man-up, and win ball games. Nebraska didn't even play Texas every year. Their competition was Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Colorado, and Missouri. Nebraska wins those games and they are in Big12 Title Game almost every year.

OU and Texas were horrible from 1996-1999 or so. Nebraska ran the league. They went away from their bread and butter after firing Frank Solich and tried to "modernize" and it blew up in their face.

It would be like Tennessee whining about LSU getting a network and leaving the SEC over it. We don't even play LSU that often.

VN Store

Back