VANDERBILT

tennessee4vols

please don't forget about education first !!! at least they have guts. they are in nashville, and maybe save your life someday. ask bobby "crybaby" bowden, if he would like to trade his schedule with vandy???

Originally posted by milohimself@Jun 22, 2005 11:19 AM
I think they're in the SEC. :dunno:
[snapback]106398[/snapback]​

I don't think so

I went to Vandy and lived in Nashville my whole life and I just can't root for them. Everybody always says, "well, there was this one time that 'my team' played Vandy and Vandy almost won". If I had a dollar for everytime Vandy has blown it in the four quarter, I'd be a rich man. I renounced all Vandy football spirit when they lost to UK at home towards the end of the season in 99 at night on ESPN2. I was on the front row. Both teams were 5 and 5 and the winner was going to play in the Music City bowl. Vandy was down by like 1 or 2 points with a min to go and at the UK 20. They snap the ball hand off to the running back so he can center the ball in the field so they can kick the game winning field goal and have a winning season/go to a bowl game for the first time since 1982. While the rb is running left to center the ball he fumbles and UK recovers. All my Vandy hopes and dreams were destroyed there. We were going to tear down the goal post and the way the stadium was set up, I was going to be one of the first ones to the post. Man was I upset.

Insult to injury was when the did away with their Athletic Department

I understand that in the age before time that Vanderbilt was some sort of national powerhouse and that was why General Neyland was hired by TN..to knock them off thier high horse...who knows, If TN hadn't done that, We all might be wearing black and gold today...they may have even been the Notre Dame of the South and had a national following...dream on Commode doors.

But they either take it on the nose, or play us to the wire.
I just cant figure out why in the world they have ticket prices that they do? It isnt because of improvments to the stadium, when they choose to play there. I hear some powerhouse high schools in Texas have bigger and better home fields. TBALLVOL is right' back in the day Vandy was the team we HAD to beat. You could say our biggest rival.

VN Store

Back