Vandy Head Coach

Married a Vol

Did Vandy and Bobby Johnson look that good, or did South Carolina and Steve Spurrier look that bad?

Both . . . It is incomprehensible to me that even with limited talent Steve Spurrier hasn't been able to muster some semblance of a fluid offense now that he's been there 4 years.

Despite how the other coach looks if Johnson is able to get bowl eligible this year it will be interesting to see how long Vandy will be able to keep him.

Vandy played inspired football. SC had way to many mistakes. At the game, you could see the confidence building in Vandy while SC kept making dumb mistakes that kept Vandy in the game.

Vandy played inspired football. SC had way to many mistakes. At the game, you could see the confidence building in Vandy while SC kept making dumb mistakes that kept Vandy in the game.

Thats what I would say too!

I think that was a game between one pretty terrible offense and one average to below average offense and two pretty solid defenses. Both of them may not make a bowl.

Despite how the other coach looks if Johnson is able to get bowl eligible this year it will be interesting to see how long Vandy will be able to keep him.
I said earlier on this VERY board that he will make somebody an EXCELLENT head coach.
Someplace where he could have talented players year in and year out to work with. I think he will be one to watch, because what I've seen him manage to get out of Vandy is nothing short of amazing!!!
I hope for you folks sake that Fulmer gets his stuff together and soon!!:)

Both . . . It is incomprehensible to me that even with limited talent Steve Spurrier hasn't been able to muster some semblance of a fluid offense now that he's been there 4 years.

it's different for me to watch his teams now and the D be his strength..I'm so used to watching him have a high powered offense to carry him...he may not make it another yr. there.

I said earlier on this VERY board that he will make somebody an EXCELLENT head coach.
Someplace where he could have talented players year in and year out to work with. I think he will be one to watch, because what I've seen him manage to get out of Vandy is nothing short of amazing!!!
I hope for you folks sake that Fulmer gets his stuff together and soon!!:)

His record is no better than Woody's. He still has not made a bowl! Only 6 wins and he has not done it. He lost to MTSU with the best team he has had so far with Cutler at QB. Now go away little bammer.

I just don't think he's gonna be able to draw the talent to SC like he was able to at Florida.
The questions in my mind are as follows:
Is Steve letting the game pass him by...(doubtful)
Is there just NO passion for football at SC (LIKELY)
Is it too hard to recruit that close to Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Clemson, Miami, and of course TENNESSEE???:popcorn:

it's different for me to watch his teams now and the D be his strength..I'm so used to watching him have a high powered offense to carry him...he may not make it another yr. there.

When he (SOS) won most of his games and was truly on top of the SEC he had a GREAT defense.

I think SC is not very good and Vandy played tough and is not the Widenofer vandy.
They flat out ran over them in the 4th qt. South Carolina shouldnt have been surprised either since vandy beat them last year when they were ranked 6th,
But BJ is a good coach

His record is no better than Woody's. He still has not made a bowl! Only 6 wins and he has not done it. He lost to MTSU with the best team he has had so far with Cutler at QB. Now go away little bammer.
AW C'mon don't be like that.
Don't you think the SEC is a little harder to coach in today? I think BJ deserves more credit......?

AW C'mon don't be like that.
Don't you think the SEC is a little harder to coach in today? I think BJ deserves more credit......?

He deserves alot of credit...did you see the graph during the game of the games he's lost by less than 7 pts...UF was on there 3 times..he gets more out of his players than any coach in this league...I'd hire him in a minute at a big program.

He deserves alot of credit...did you see the graph during the game of the games he's lost by less than 7 pts...UF was on there 3 times..he gets more out of his players than any coach in this league...I'd hire him in a minute at a big program.

I agree. When was the last time Vandy got killed. He has done a tremendous job.

I think he will have a pretty good season this year and without Cutler just says even more about his ability.
I am VERY happy to have Saban as head coach, but back when the search was still on, I was hoping we were going to try and get this guy.

I think he will have a pretty good season this year and without Cutler just says even more about his ability.
I am VERY happy to have Saban as head coach, but back when the search was still on, I was hoping we were going to try and get this guy.

I'd take Grobe at WF as well.

VN Store

Back