VFL Ramel Keyton does it again!

Fantastic catch. Keyton was one of my favorites with some critical catches in the 22’ season. No one was more upset over the drops last year than he was. Looks like he’s been bearing down and staying focused. Hope he has a long and successful NFL career.

This young man has a history of showing up when a big play is needed!

Seems like that’s a very similar catch to a grab during his early years at TN. I can’t remember the game. Looks like he almost lost a leg!

It was the balls he didn’t catch …. The ones he dropped
He was clutch in 2022. I felt like he just had a mental thing when it came to catching for Milton. It was as if he wasn’t ready for a nicely placed bomb and was always thinking about pulling down the dart. Something clearly different last season.

OP's statement was "but faltered a little his senior year" , he played just like he did his Junior year.
Catch stats were nearly identical. But 22 featured Hyatt. Keaton should have had many more in 23 being the only guy with that kind of length. If we could get the drop stats on 22-23, I think it would tell the tale.

Catch stats were nearly identical. But 22 featured Hyatt. Keaton Keyton should have had many more in 23 being the only guy with that kind of length. If we could get the drop stats on 22-23, I think it would tell the tale.
So tell me how many more times was Keyton targeted in 23 vs 22? Believe White was benefited more than Keyton from Hyatts departure.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Sadly Ramel is likely headed to practice squad unless someone picks him up on waivers. I was just going over some final 53's and its kinda wild how many underrated Players from UT have made rosters this year especially from our 'terrible' secondary the past few year. Also interesting some that didn't

That is the stat I'm interested in. Lemme know.
Truth. I'm a little too lazy to go back thru the play by play for those numbers. My point is RK was same type of WR in 23 as he was in 22. His pff grades that RTI posted after games for him in both years were about the same. He may have caught more balls last year if #5 was throwing the ball than #7, who knows. RK was good for about 3 catches a games nothing more.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
This young man has a history of showing up when a big play is needed!

The dude could make some unbelievable catches. Everyone remembers the lay out at midfield against Florida in '22, but that was some catch he made on the side line in last years Kentucky game going into half which got us a FG, and that side line catch in the bowl was sick. Wish he had been a bit more consistent with some of the more pedestrian catches and would have been Nico's first big bomb in the bowl if he had not lost the ball and quit running, but on the whole he was clutch in some big games. Hope he makes it in the NFL.

OP's statement was "but faltered a little his senior year" , he played just like he did his Junior year.
In 22 he was filling in for Cedric Tillman, who was injured for 6 games. As a senior he was a starter, will largely similar stats. Fair or not, I was hoping for more from him, but I'll be happy to see him make the roster for the Raiders this year.

VN Store

Back