Vitello, Merrit and Lindsey [Charlotte post game video]

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Random Note: I've been a little busier than usual this week, but I didn't realize or had forgotten that Andrew Lindsey played for Charlotte as a sophomore in 2021 and helped lead them to the Greenville Regional. That year, he appeared in 20 games and started 12 for them. He led the team with 81 innings pitched and second-most strikeouts with 76. Anyway, I'm glad he's here now. He's been a key part of this team's turnaround.

As for the video, the audio is poor so it's a bit difficult to hear, but I believe Lindsey mentioned that there were four players (old teammates) in today's lineup who were at Charlotte with him in 2021. He was very complimentary of Cal Stark behind the plate. He said Stark often advises him to take a deep breath and sometimes notices things in his mechanics and helps him adjust.

Griffin Merritt said he hadn't played in a regional in four years (since the 2019 Corvallis Regional with Cincinnati in 2019). He said the time off after Hoover was a good reset for the team. Vitello later added that it took a couple of days past Hoover, to get back to neutral mentally, and physically as well.

VN Store

Back