Vol Baseball Opens Season with First Shutout Since 2007

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Behind a dominating performance by junior southpaw Steven Gruver, the Tennessee baseball team notched its first shutout since 2007 on the opening day of the 2011 season as it defeated Milwaukee, 4-0, in front of 2,345 Volunteer faithful on Friday night at Lindsey Nelson Stadium.

More...

Discuss.

Wow! Almost 4 years between shutouts. That's hard to believe in baseball. I hope we see a few more this year.

has anyone seen the schedule this year?
it's set up for raleigh to have a decent record and keep his job. what's hammys deal, this guy is a joke.

but, good win.
sorry to be negative, but i don't think we are gonna have any sustained success till we can this guy.

has anyone seen the schedule this year?
it's set up for raleigh to have a decent record and keep his job. what's hammys deal, this guy is a joke.

Everyone knows the out of conference schedule is weak. UT still has to play an SEC schedule too. I would say that if the Vols don't make the conference tournament then Raleigh is gone. He may be gone anyway unless something totally unexpected happens (in a good way).

It's only one game but Gruver that want's to be a leader for the Vols showed it today with a fantastic performance.

Excellent that the Vols shut out Milwaukee to start the 2011 season, and in the first game they played them in Baseball.

Was it Duffy, or Osborne that had a terrific one hand throw to first for a out.

Andrew Toles had a two run double showing his speed.

I have a couple of questions about vol baseball First does anybody know if tennessee baseballl have a radio station Second is there a number that i coulod text to get updates like i do for basketball

It's only one game but Gruver that want's to be a leader for the Vols showed it today with a fantastic performance.

Excellent that the Vols shut out Milwaukee to start the 2011 season, and in the first game they played them in Baseball.

Was it Duffy, or Osborne that had a terrific one hand throw to first for a out.

Andrew Toles had a two run double showing his speed.

I was at game. It was a good performance BUT (there has to be a but) he game up WAY to many hard hits. Especially when this is point of season when the pitchers are supposed to be ahead of hitters.

It was windy, so it was hard to see how the bats are effective in game play.

The truly FANTASTIC part of the game was our defense as we did play the field well.

Hitting and pitching were not that excellent however.

VN Store

Back