VOL NATION AT THE COTTON ???

tntx

Are any members of this board going to be at the Cotton Bowl ?I'll be entering at Gate #1. :) :)

gate #1 as well, almost the exact place I sat at the KSU/UT game in 2000 (?). Hopefully the results will be different this time around.

How far of a drive is Dallas from the U. of Tenn??

Just curious how far some of you guys will be traveling.

Originally posted by Aggie99@Dec 22, 2004 11:51 PM
How far of a drive is Dallas from the U. of Tenn??

Just curious how far some of you guys will be traveling.

Quite a ways, it's a long drive from Knoxville to memphis, let alone dallas.

It's not bad. I drove from here to Kalispell, Montana only stopping in Couer d'Alene, Idaho for a burger. Just make sure you've got about 10-20 cd' for the road trip.

My best road trip was from Boulder Colorado to Virginia in 27 hours.....straight! I was a man possessed! I did stop for snacks and bathroom, much to my dismay.

My best is Omaha, Neb to Nashville. About a 12 hour drive. Nashville to Dallas will be about the same.

Memphis to Key West. Spring Break. 5 Vols and a Tiger. 21 hours and well worth the drive.

Word to the wise: you are NOT as close as it looks on the map once you pass Miami -- I'd hold off on the road-beers. Especially if Highway 1 is bumper-to-bumper for 4 and a half hours.
:3cheers:

we used to leave Millington about midnight and make it to Waco by 9 or so...about the time all the kids woke up, which was the reason for leaving at midnight...

making the trip between Millington and Knoxville more then once, I'd say it would add another 4 hours or so to that.

So, best guess, I'd bet it would take y'all about 13-15 hours, depending on construction (there always seemed to be construction around Little Rock) or weather....

Road tripped Atlanta to Abilene out past Dallas in college. 1100 miles and 18 hours nonstop. Lot's of emergency lane naps. Also, Abilene to Long Beach. 24 hrs. straight. Hope to never travel I-10 again.

VN Store

Back