Vol Pro Comparisons

onfocusgovols

TN Vols Basketball Fanatic
Thought it would be fun to share my Vol Pro Comparisons. My first one is Senior, Jahmai Mashack. He's a personal favorite of mine and an ultimate winner, competitor & team player.

Some of the Vol fanbase don't see the value he brings as much as a Vescovi or a JJJ. But each ones perception is reality to themselves, doesn't make it a fact. The fact is Mashack is about to play a role we have yet to see due to him coming in as a Vol on arguably our most stacked teams in his 3-year Vol career.

Thought about his Pro comparison and I could think of no one else other than Marcus Smart from the good Boston Celtics teams.

What do you all think? What are some pro player comparisons of our current Vols?

Attachments

• Picsart_24-05-23_18-20-00-464.jpg
    Picsart_24-05-23_18-20-00-464.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: Rocky Knocksville
Smart is bigger-bodied than Mashack and as mentioned more of a scorer. The grandfather does seem like a more apt comparison since he was multi-positional like Mashack also and closer in body type. but both were fairly high-scoring guys in college comparatively to Mashack. Allen averaged 15 a game and Smart 16. Then again maybe Mashack is more of a scorer than we know but just hasn't been given that role yet here?

Smart is bigger-bodied than Mashack and as mentioned more of a scorer. The grandfather does seem like a more apt comparison since he was multi-positional like Mashack also and closer in body type. but both were fairly high-scoring guys in college comparatively to Mashack. Allen averaged 15 a game and Smart 16. Then again maybe Mashack is more of a scorer than we know but just hasn't been given that role yet here?
Tony Allen had a career scoring average of 8.1 points in NBA .

I guess you're talking about his average scoring at Oklahoma State?

Mashack: Victor Oladipo
ZZ: Tyler Ulis (terrible comparison)
Igor: Dario Saric
Okpara: Theo Ratliff
Dubar: I keep going back to DeAndre Hunter, idk why

Reactions: onfocusgovols
Defense yea...but smart was a scorer in college... mashack needs to try and score more...seems like when he puts it on the floor and drive he finishes... love to see more of that
In all fairness Marcus Smart has a career three-point shooting percentage of 32% in the NBA and Jahmai Mashack averaged 36% from 3 this past year...
The thing about him is that he will do what he's asked to do and buy into playing a role to help the "team" win and I love that.

But even when I speak with his mother and family they know he can score and are fully confident in their sons ability to score and shoot.. and they also know what kind of leader their son is and that he has been real selfless in his approach offensively.

Reactions: Volstar65
Mashack: Victor Oladipo
ZZ: Tyler Ulis (terrible comparison)
Igor: Dario Saric
Okpara: Theo Ratliff
Dubar: I keep going back to DeAndre Hunter, idk why
Oooh yeah love that Theo Ratliff comp!!! Haha that was back when I followed the NBA real close... Loved those Philly Iverson teams. If Okpara gives us the Theo Ratliff presence than we are in great shape.

Was a big fan of Oladipo...don't know as much about Saric, but DeAndre seemed to be a great defender from what I remember at Virginia

Vol Pro Comparison: Cam Carr • Mikal Bridges

Both have similar skill sets imo
Similar measurements, shot making ability & defensive versatility.

It's still early in Cam's college basketball career but that's been my personal thoughts on him the last year and a half since I watched him play at & win with Link Academy. Bridges was a winner as well.

My thoughts can be silly & there's prolly 10k better comparisons. What's your thoughts?

Attachments

• Picsart_24-05-24_15-02-22-884.jpg
    Picsart_24-05-24_15-02-22-884.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: CamVol8

VN Store

Back