Vol Stories

coffeevol

regular old member
I thought it would be cool to do a thread where folks can post behind the scenes stories about the Vols to offer a little bit of history and entertainment value before kick off. Phil Fulmer was on Big Orange Sunday in Nashville this past weekend and I could have listened to it all day. I really enjoy hearing about some of Peyton's pranks, or others. Fulmer said on Big Orange Sunday that after Peytons Sophomore year you really had to be careful what you told him when you tried to coach because if you had ever told him different he would remember and call you out and even bring notes to back it up the next day. So you had to be consistent when telling him anything.

Bring em if you got em.....

Reactions: 1 person
Oh, I know a great story about Kelly Washington but I can't tell it as it isn't "my" story. I lived in Andy Holt with three other close friends and moved off campus to live with some ROTC buddies. Anyway, Kelly Washington moved in to my empty bed. I met him several times as I would hang out in my "old" apartment between classes instead of going to my off campus apartment. Those guys tell some insane stories about ole K-Dub. Then, he and his stuff just disappeared. Ill try to get one of them to type some stories to post here.

In @ 1985 while attending UTC, I traveled up to see a friend who was at UT. In those days you could wander around Neyland and check it out, so on Saturday we did.

We were up in the archaic press box and came down from the second floor when the door (the only one) to the box swung open and it was a few asst coaches (Fulmer?) and about 25 recruits checking the place out. We had to stand to the side so everybody could squeeze by us.

As they went upstairs, we went out the door. We started joking @ locking them all inside. Lo and behold a metal chair was just sitting there outside the door. So one of us grabbed it, and we wedged that baby in the door as tight as we could kick it.

I swear we only hit every 4 steps running down the upper deck to the tunnel, then sprinted down the ramps to the street.

Probably lost enough commits that day to go undefeated in 87-90. Sorry Johnny. :eek:hmy:

Reactions: 3 people
i had s Bradley in a summer class n he sat beside me n my friend n on test days he would just slide his desk over a little n just copy his work. the ga would watch n just laugh n do nothing..but who cared he was killing it on the field.

oh the good old days

i had s Bradley in a summer class n he sat beside me n my friend n on test days he would just slide his desk over a little n just copy his work. the ga would watch n just laugh n do nothing..but who cared he was killing it on the field.

oh the good old days

gurl...just stop!!!!!!!!!!

In 1984 (could have been '83) I was in the 7th grade and Lenoir City was playing Harriman @ Harriman. My older brothers were both on the HS team and I was able to hang out on the field before the game and at halftime fielding kicks and punts. Well, I remember this guy walked up and was standing beside me and asked me about #76 for LC which happened to be my brother. The guy was Phil Fulmer, then the OL coach at UT.

Thanks for these...I love hearing even the smallest. My father graduated franklin co. With fulmer and said he was one of the nicest guys he ever met

I had Psych with Tiny and couple others a few summers ago. I played hs ball with some big dudes, but man is Tiny huge.

VN Store

Back