Volfreak

QBvol7

Hey man, since it is a pay site i was going to see if you could tell me a little bit about the article that said 3 games slated for CBS. Im sure its the UF, LSU, and UGA games, and if it has times available please let me know so I can ask off work to watch them. If they are at night, I wont have to ask off, if day game, gotta get away from the office. Please let me know. Thanks.

This may not help you but, we play NDU at 2:30pm, NBC, November 5th. I couldn't find the times for the other 3 games (TBA).

UT’s game at Florida on Sept. 17 will kickoff at 8 p.m. CBS also will televise UT’s home game against Georgia on Oct. 8 and UT’s game at Alabama on Oct. 22. Both games start at 3:30.

Originally posted by BHAMVOLFAN@May 23, 2005 8:41 AM
This may not help you but, we play NDU at 2:30pm, NBC, November 5th.  I couldn't find the times for the other 3 games (TBA).
[snapback]97329[/snapback]​

Yah I knew about that one. Already requested. But thanx anyway. Revenge shall be sweet.

Originally posted by vol_freak@May 23, 2005 8:49 AM
UT’s game at Florida on Sept. 17 will kickoff at 8 p.m. CBS also will televise UT’s home game against Georgia on Oct. 8 and UT’s game at Alabama on Oct. 22. Both games start at 3:30.
[snapback]97335[/snapback]​

Awsome. Night game at the Swamp. Im ready.

Any word on the LSU game? Maybe ESPN will get it and it will be at night.

Nothing official, but yeah, look for ESPN to get that game, and it be a night game in Death Valley.

I will say though that the only other SEC game of note that day is Arkansas at Alabama, so there might be a chance that CBS uses it's first drawl to take Tennessee and LSU.

Originally posted by BeltwayVol@May 23, 2005 8:55 AM
I will say though that the only other SEC game of note that day is Arkansas at Alabama, so there might be a chance that CBS uses it's first drawl to take Tennessee and LSU.
[snapback]97340[/snapback]​

BUt if LSU wants it to be a night game, then ESPN would ahve to pick it up wouldnt they?

Well yes and no.

LSU may prefer a night game, but it is CBS's game to pick, and if they pick it, LSU will play it whenever CBS tells them to. The week before CBS will have a night game in the swamp, but that is because you have other things going on that weekend. I couldn't see CBS taking Arkansas and Alabama over an undefeated Tennessee at Undefeated LSU, so if Tennessee wins at Florida, I think that we will be playing at 3:30 Eastern in Baton Rouge.

However, if for any reason CBS passes on it, then yes, ESPN would pick it up and it would become a night game.

Originally posted by BeltwayVol@May 23, 2005 9:48 AM
Well yes and no.

LSU may prefer a night game, but it is CBS's game to pick, and if they pick it, LSU will play it whenever CBS tells them to.  The week before CBS will have a night game in the swamp, but that is because you have other things going on that weekend.  I couldn't see CBS taking Arkansas and Alabama over an undefeated Tennessee at Undefeated LSU, so if Tennessee wins at Florida, I think that we will be playing at 3:30 Eastern in Baton Rouge.

However, if for any reason CBS passes on it, then yes, ESPN would pick it up and it would become a night game.
[snapback]97349[/snapback]​

That might play in our favor if we can get a day game. Last time they lost at home was a day game vs. Florida in 2003.

Well, I would say that UAB will be ESPN evening, Florida is CBS night, LSU is gonna maybe be CBS day, Ole Miss is going to be ESPN evening or JP morning, Georgia will be CBS day, Alabama should be CBS day, South Carolina will prob fall to ESPN around 7 because the cocktail party will be on CBS, Notre Dame will be on NBC early afternoon, Memphis will be your homecoming, PPV game, Vandy and UK will prob both be JP sports morning games.

Originally posted by BeltwayVol@May 23, 2005 11:02 PM
Well, I would say that UAB will be ESPN evening, Florida is CBS night, LSU is gonna maybe be CBS day, Ole Miss is going to be ESPN evening or JP morning, Georgia will be CBS day, Alabama should be CBS day, South Carolina will prob fall to ESPN around 7 because the cocktail party will be on CBS, Notre Dame will be on NBC early afternoon, Memphis will be your homecoming, PPV game, Vandy and UK will prob both be JP sports morning games.
[snapback]97546[/snapback]​

depending on the type of season deangelo williams has, i look for espn to broadcast the game

Originally posted by JSB2277@May 24, 2005 12:04 AM
depending on the type of season deangelo williams has, i look for espn to broadcast the game
[snapback]97553[/snapback]​

Nope, too many other key games that week. Just in the SEC alone you have.... LSU-Alabama, Georgia-Auburn, South Carolina-Florida, Arkansas and Ole Miss. That pretty much takes up all the games.

JP- Ark-Ole Miss or UGA-AUB
CBS- LSU-Bama
ESPN- South Carolina-UF
ESPN2 (Prob the UGA-AUB game), but there is more than likely a bigger ACC game than TN-Mem that they would pick up if not.

I'd say it is a big enough game early enough with Williams and all versus the Big Orange, ESPEEN will pick it up!

Originally posted by surrealvol@May 24, 2005 12:08 AM
I'd say it is a big enough game early enough with Williams and all versus the Big Orange, ESPEEN will pick it up!
[snapback]97557[/snapback]​

Early? It's Nov 12th. :huh:

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@May 24, 2005 12:09 AM
I hope there aren't any Sunday games THIS year!

:bad:
[snapback]97559[/snapback]​

Not any this year. ESPN wanted Tennessee to play UAB on Sunday and Mike Hamilton refused. He liked the way things worked out last year, but said he wanted to reserve that (and the retro jersey's too) for more spread out occasions. So, in short, you havent seen your last Sunday game, but it won't happen this season unless something unforseen forces a game to be moved.

VN Store

Back