VolNation 2013 WEEKLY PICK CONTEST: Week #2

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Not a whole lot of great games to pick from this week.

Congrats to the two members who posted perfect entries last week.

Week #2 entry: ENTER YOUR PICKS

Week #1 results: CURRENT STANDINGS

Guys this is the weekly pick contest which will last the entire season and consist of 14 weekly entries.

Each week I will select 10 games from around college football, which will be posted on Sunday (or Monday at the latest). I will not include any Thursday or Friday games, just to keep things consistent with the entry deadline.

All entries will be due before noon (Eastern Time) on Saturday.

The season winner will receive a $300 Amazon gift card.

Please post in this thread if you have any questions, suggestions, or comments.

Also, I strongly suggest setting up a recurring reminder on your computer or phone. If you miss a week, you can still have fun competing with other members, but it will be really hard for you to win the contest.

Good luck and thanks for playing.

I might be too quick on the trigger here, but the link to "enter your picks" still directs to week one's games.

EDIT: yes I was absolutely too fast on the draw. Everything works fine. :)

I must be retarded cause 4 of the picks I thought I made I somehow managed to pick the other team. Guess I should double check before submitting this week.

It worked out cause of the 4 I picked wrong I went 2-2. So I would've wound up with the same record regardless.

im getting week one picks as well

*Disregard all i had to do was refresh the list.

Last edited:
Also Freak when i submitted my week one picks i somehow threw a k into my name so in the rankings it says BuckWildVol when it's actually BucWildVol. idk if this makes a difference, just bringing it to your attention.

Still getting week one picks......

Just hit the refresh button.

Also Freak when i submitted my week one picks i somehow threw a k into my name so in the rankings it says BuckWildVol when it's actually BucWildVol. idk if this makes a difference, just bringing it to your attention.
As long as you enter the same way each week, you should be fine.

......seems like you have to tell me this every year.

Thanks Freak.

You think I would finally just break down and put an auto refresh meta tag on the page so people wouldn't have this issue, but that would be too easy. :lol:

Well i guess i didn't hit the submit button for last week's picks.. Would have done well too.. Oh well i guess i'm setting this year out..

This not you?

PLAYER PICKS

Let me know. I can look through the logs if need be.
Well i guess i did.. I didn't see it on the results.. Maybe my eyes are getting bad.. I didn't do as well i thought. I had thoughts of picking Clemson, til i remembered Dabo Sweeney was their coach.. Killed that one for me..

My brother did a "Family Football Frenzy" with 20 games from around the country which he discontinued this year.
This is a fun alternative.
Any thoughts on extending it to 20 games per week?

VN Store

Back