VOLNATION Makes B-ham news

Maybe thats why all the bammers showed up today... the article said that forums were being too civil.... so they thought they would come in and shake things up a bit?

Originally posted by GIVEHIM-6@Oct 20, 2004 3:55 PM
Hey 88,your famous too.Ya think they were talking bout your pic ? :thumbsup:

Hmm, well, don't know too many others with a pic like that. LOL

That is too funny...

Thats awesome but the story is still kinda one sided. It makes our fans seem like the jerks. We all know who has the worst fans in the SEC ;) woof woof :eek:lol:

Yeah that is true Smokey,it does make us look kinda like we are doing all the smack talk,but this is coming from an Alabama paper.

That was an interesting article. I've visited some of those other sites and read some of the very posts mentioned. and yeah, when they wrote of the pic of Bryant holding the money, I had to laugh because i knew exactly where I'd seen it. :rolleyes:

But I disagree with the last part of that article. I dont think UT and Bama fans actually hate one another. I've never had any trouble and have a lot of fun when I spend time in Tennessee. Its my favorite vacation spot!

And I did appreciate the UT Police Capt's comments about Bama fans. I have read (though don't know first-hand) that the LSU fans can get a bit ..... well, you know.....at their games. I've seen this written at messageboards for a number of different schools. Its sad when you get pelted with liquor bottles, get your tires cut and have to fight your way in and out of a stadium to watch a ballgame. I've known a lot of Bama fans who have been to Neyland Stadium and not one has ever told me they ever had problems there.

(Otoh, i did know of one Bama student who got a bit tipsy in the student section and pulled 'Big al's trunk. It seems the mascot took exception to that, jumped on him and beat the living daylights out of him! He came back to school all bruised up and embarrassed...he was laughing about it. guess there's a lesson in that. 'Ya don't pull on Superman's cape and ya dont pull on Big Al's trunk....especially when 'Big Al, actually happened to be a 'Big Alice' who didnt like being groped by a drunk student.). :lol:

The last LSU game that was in knoxville i can remember a lot of there fans gettnig out of control especially after they lost. I was refering to Georgia fans. i have only been to one game down there and got beer, food, and god knows what else thrown at me.

Originally posted by Tidefan@Oct 20, 2004 4:32 PM
and yeah, when they wrote of the pic of Bryant holding the money, I had to laugh because i knew exactly where I'd seen it. :rolleyes:

:lol:

That's great. I would love to have a copy of that paper. :clap: :clap:

Yeah Freak now that we have gone public,you need to get them t-shirts going.I think I'm gonna get my own personal Volnation shirt made up either way.

I can only speak for myself I dont hate bama...I want em to go down in dfeated flames when we play em but I do respect the tradition. Bear brought a lot of recognition to the SEC we still enjoy today. Now gators...I do hate them :thumbsup:

new to this site. thanks to the bham news. i found it. when i read that article about bama fans scared to go to knox. it makes me so mad!!!! both fan bases are very loyal to the programs. been to legion field (in the old days) many times and never had any problems. don't think that tennessee fans would stoop to the level of physically harming anyone. damn press.
write the guy at the BHAMNEWS.COM
DSEGREST@BHAMNEWS.COM

Welcome aboard Houston....we have no problems with true Bama fans...just the Bammers and they're all talk.

VN Store

Back