Vols # 1 and #3 ranking in stats

Who knows, we may stay there for a while. I have watched a very disciplined football team the last 2 weeks and a very opportunistic defense.

Reactions: 3 people
This is what CBJ talks about when he speaks of "the process". You can't go from zero to hero in one season, and these two stats are part of the building bricks he's been preaching. Gotta keep this in mind as we start the hardest part of our schedule, and we don't always win.

Reactions: 6 people
This is what CBJ talks about when he speaks of "the process". You can't go from zero to hero in one season, and these two stats are part of the building bricks he's been preaching. Gotta keep this in mind as we start the hardest part of our schedule, and we don't always win.

Agree. Just don't read any other threads or you'll find out we need to change QB, return man, LB, OL, and training staff. (Sarcasm)

#7 in kickoff returns
#10 in pass efficiency defense
#13 scoring offense
#23 rushing offense

Last edited:
#1 in fisting. Wait...that doesn't sound good at all.

I couldn't understand how UT could not be #1 in turnover margin after yesterday's game, but in looking at the stats it's because they are calculating it as a per game average (which is incorrect imo).

In other words, both teams ahead of us have a turnover margin of +4... but they have only played one game. UT has a turnover margin of +7... but we have played two games, thus the +3.5 average.

Just another example of how numbers can be misinterpreted.

The mental toughness this staff is teaching is already paying off. Playing and fighting like a championship worthy team on every down...believing that the coaches are putting them in the right spot to make the correct play at the right time...dialed in as a unit!

I am loving it! I don't get the morons on here hating. Worley isn't Bray...but he is managing the game so far as good as anyone could ask. Once his field relationship develops better with his WR's we will be in real good shape to win some games the experts don't give us a shot in.

Reactions: 2 people
I figured we'd be # 1 in turnover margin after yesterday. I have never witnessed anything like it before. I started chanting punt it when WKU got the ball on offense after their 5th turnover in a row.

I also couldn't resist yelling at Petrino "welcome back to the SEC". I was on row 15 right behind their bench and he was getting some water during a break in the action. :eek:

Reactions: 2 people

Amen

I couldn't understand how UT could not be #1 in turnover margin after yesterday's game, but in looking at the stats it's because they are calculating it as a per game average (which is incorrect imo).

In other words, both teams ahead of us have a turnover margin of +4... but they have only played one game. UT has a turnover margin of +7... but we have played two games, thus the +3.5 average.

Just another example of how numbers can be misinterpreted.

The problem with your logic is, this IS how the numbers are interpreted. The entire NCAA is subject to these rules and interpretations, so they are not "misinterpreted" at all, they are simply read in a way that you don't like. Personally, I prefer the average per game method of finding something, as it is how all stats are determined by the end of the year and nobody ever complains then, and once bye weeks get factored in it all evens out.

The problem with your logic is, this IS how the numbers are interpreted. The entire NCAA is subject to these rules and interpretations, so they are not "misinterpreted" at all, they are simply read in a way that you don't like. Personally, I prefer the average per game method of finding something, as it is how all stats are determined by the end of the year and nobody ever complains then, and once bye weeks get factored in it all evens out.

I appreciate the feedback, but this has nothing to do with "what I like or don't like". If they were just measuring turnovers, then it would be necessary to convert it into a per game average to make the measurement "apple to apples" for all teams. The fact, however, that the measurement is a margin of a positive and a negative, negates needing to make it a per game average (which is what makes it misleading until the end of the season).

I think it's obvious that the success of this years defense can be directly attributed to the groundwork Sal Sunseri laid last year. That investment is definitely paying dividends this year.

VN Store

Back