Vols 2024 excited or reserved?

Vol4gzus

Now that CFP is over only drama is if apparent, accused, cheater jumps to the pros to join his brother in the league again.
So with most of the big fish reeled in on the recruiting trail does the Volunteers take with what is truly returning have you excited or reserved?

Reactions: jhcrane14
Excided for several reasons,mainly Nico and some great receivers coming in,plus great running backs.Worried mostly about Sooners,Tide and Dogs!

Excitedly reserved. We still need to fill some gaps so that we have enough quality backups for a full season. I'm slowly shedding my BVS. With additional parts, I'll be full on excited by Spring. GBO!

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Hugely excited...

a) as always lol.
b) we have a QB with boundless potential; even at this point a year ago, having just beaten Clemson, I didn't really feel that about Joe Milton. Good dude, strong-armed QB, but I felt that he had already as a senior hit his potential. But the sky is the limit with Nico.
c) 12-team playoff means we don't have to be near-perfect to get an invite (though getting to Atlanta is just as hard as ever). Good chance we'll be in, IF we can start strong by beating Oklahoma. Beat them, and we will roll over Florida, leaving only Bama and UGa as big challenges.
d) I think we're going to see a whole lot of 'addition by subtraction': at QB, in the OL (appreciate you, Ollie Lane, but we're better off without all your holding and false start penalties), and in the defensive backfield. Anticipate significant improvements at all three position groups.

Go Vols!

Last edited:
Cautiously optimistic but we need better depth along the OL and in the defensive backfield. Excited to watch the young guys play though, especially Nico for an entire season. Maybe we luck out on the injury front.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Optimistic but reserved. Without having had spring practice yet it is hard to know what the team is going to look like on offense or defense (OL is makeshift and DB's are all new in 24). My gut feeling is we go 9-3 possibly 10-2 just looking at the schedule. If Nico learns quickly and the offense gets going in those first 4 games I might be truly excited/elated about the rest of the 24 season

The depth on the OL is scary and makes me cautiously optimistic. Elarbee is going to have to really earn his pay this offseason, as is the entire OL room. Sham, Bussey, Lang, Johnson, and even maybe some of the freshman desperately need to work harder than they have ever worked before so they can provide quality depth in the event that some of the starters can't go.

I would feel better if they landed a couple of the coveted transfers on the OL, but I'm not getting any warm and fuzzies about that rn.

Now that CFP is over only drama is if apparent, accused, cheater jumps to the pros to join his brother in the league again.
So with most of the big fish reeled in on the recruiting trail does the Volunteers take with what is truly returning have you excited or reserved?
Really excited. Much moreso than for 2023 because of the QB situation. I was hopeful that Joe would be good, but I EXPECT Nico to be very good.

Reactions: walkenvol
I feel worse about our team now than I will after being overwhelmed by the talking heads in the summer who tell me we're going to be amazing. Just waiting for all the propaganda to commence.

VN Store

Back