Vols Basketball Recruiting

patrick

PLease provide recruiting updates here!!!!!!!

according to volquest...he has high interest in UNC, only medium in UT. by the way, he's gonna have to learn a new position. 200 is too light for a PF

New name...Andre McFarland..Las Vegas, NV..Durango High School.

Biography:
Big, strong wing with a good outside shot. Fairly good athlete. Competes well. Possible high major prospect.
6'5 205

about all thats on him.

Question...Why not pull our scholly offer from Brandon Wright, since we have no chance..And offer it to someone else..Like Wayne Chism, Stanley Robinson, Brandon Powell..?

Originally posted by Volsguy12@May 30, 2005 3:37 PM
Question...Why not pull our scholly offer from Brandon Wright, since we have no chance..And offer it to someone else..Like Wayne Chism, Stanley Robinson, Brandon Powell..?
[snapback]99434[/snapback]​

It's kinda like trolling for speckled trout in the Gulf. You throw lots of baits in the water but quit fishing when you reach the limit. Realistically, we'll offer kids we really want early and will offer the risky ones early too. BP2 will pare down his offers when some commitments start coming in.

I saw this today:

One of the Rivals Tournament of Champions reports quotes Marques Johnson - a 6-5, 4-star 2 guard from Fort Wayne, IN - as saying his top two are NC State and Tennessee.

Also, Jerry Smith outa Wisconsin a 4/5 star G is visiting this weekend. Rumors are that Kemp and Chisolm outta Bolivar, TN are going to make an unofficial visit soon.

The HS sophomore we got a commitment from last week (outta ILL or IND) has an older brother that is rumored to be walking on at UT this year. I believe he was a 3 star wing coming out of HS and wants to play for Pearl. That means he has some LOI commitment issues I think.

Yep, just because we offer does not mean we have obligated a scholly.

Originally posted by Volsguy12@May 12, 2005 9:31 PM
New name...Andre McFarland..Las Vegas, NV..Durango High School.

Biography:
Big, strong wing with a good outside shot. Fairly good athlete. Competes well. Possible high major prospect.
6'5 205

about all thats on him.
[snapback]93288[/snapback]​

McFarland committed to Southern Cal.

Shameless cut and paste:

Jeremy Williams and Joseph Watkins seem to really like UT a lot, We may even be JW's leader. Verice Cloyd likes UT, and also Kemp and Chism may come in for an unoffical next weekend to get to know pearl and his staff.

Here is our current list for 2006 grads. With Pearl, the list keeps growing and changing:

Name HS Interest Level Offer by UT? Physical Stats Schools Interested

Brandon Wright (Brentwood Academy)
Brentwood, TN 6-9.5/200/24.0 Low Yes Duke, Kentucky, North Carolina, Georgia Tech, Kansas, Wake Forest, Tennessee

Thaddeus Young (Mitchell Road HS)
Memphis, TN 6-8.5/200 Med Yes Arkansas, Georgia, Illinois, Kansas, Kentucky, Memphis, Mississippi State, North Carolina, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Tennessee

Willie Kemp (Bolivar Christian Academy)
Bolivar, TN 6-2/170 Med Yes Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Florida State, Illinois, Kentucky, Memphis, Mississippi, Tennessee

Jerry Smith (East HS)
Wauwatosa, WI 6-3/180/19.2 High Yes Louisville, Tennessee, Wake Forest, Wisconsin, Connecticut, Iowa, Marquette, Michigan State, Texas A&M

Stan Robinson
(Woodlawn High School-Magnet)
Birmingham, AL 6-9/212/17.0 Med No Alabama, Auburn, Cincinnati, Kentucky, Louisville, Maryland, Tennessee

Brandon Powell (Mitchell Road HS)
Memphis, TN 6-4/190 High No Auburn, Colorado, Florida, Mississippi, Tennessee, UAB, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Mississippi State, Oklahoma

Wayne Chism (Central HS)
Bolivar, TN 6-8/230 Med No Arkansas, Memphis, Mississippi, Tennessee

Tyronne McNeal (Clover HS)
Clover, SC 6-10/225 Med No Clemson, Florida State, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia Tech

Luis Colon (Montverde Academy)
Montverde, FL 6-10/245 Med No Alabama, Florida, Miami (Fl), Tennessee

Taurus Dortch (Ramsay HS)
Birmingham, AL 6-1/180 Med No Auburn, Florida, Florida State, Mississippi State, Tennessee, UAB

Demetrius Jemison (Huffman High School-Magnet)
Birmingham, AL 6-6/215 Low No UAB, Alabama, Auburn, Georgia Tech, Maryland, Wake Forest, Cincinnati, Tennessee, Texas

Willie Larry (Hall HS)
Little Rock, AR 6-3/190 High No Mississippi, Tennessee, Arkansas, Arkansas State, Arkansas-Little Rock, Baylor, Cincinnati, Florida State, Iowa, Nebraska, Penn State, Stanford, Tulsa, Virginia Tech

Brandon Evans (Westover HS)
Fayetteville, NC 6-2.5/180/18.0 Med No Florida State, Tennessee, Virginia Tech

This list is a compilation of lists I've seen on free internet sites that keep up with this stuff.

You may be right on Wright. Just posting what I've seen. Here's another per the Nashville Tennessean.

Mason eyes Vols: Former Marquette swingman Dameon Mason may transfer to Tennessee and is scheduled to visit UT this weekend.

The 6-foot-5 Mason was third on Marquette's team in scoring last season (11.9 points) and second in rebounding (5.6). He's an explosive leaper and finisher.

Mason might come and Harris is cleared to come. Harris might end up being a decent big guy. 6 9 280 is a big body to have to block out...

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Jun 2, 2005 4:13 PM
Mason might come and Harris is cleared to come.  Harris might end up being a decent big guy.  6 9 280 is a big body to have to block out...
[snapback]100232[/snapback]​

Can he get up and down the floor though? I thought I heard that he needed to slim down some as he wasn't big in a good way.

Well, I have no idea if he out of shape. Could be though and that will be a problem for him in Pearls system.

I might be wrong... wouldn't be the first time.

I heard Pearl on the local sportstalk station during an interview yesterday. He said Harris has slimmed down and appears motivated to get in shape to play the Pearl system. Heck if he got down to 265-270, he's still be tough to push around under the basket.

Props to the kid for working hard to fit into Pearl's system.

VN Store

Back