Vols Basketball

Will the vols men finish the season above 500?

• Total voters
We will be lucky to win 2 more games. Other than rebounding, they played pretty well against UF. If they play a bad game, they lose. If they play a good game, they lose. I am looking forward to this men's basketball season ending.

I think the vols will finish right under .500 on the season. Georgia is pretty much the last guarantee win of the season, South Carolina and Arkansas can be beaten as well.

I think we have zero chance to beat arkansas. But Georgia and USC can happen.

Originally posted by RockyTop08@Feb 13, 2005 7:11 PM
well i live in arkansas so i love to beat the hogs

How does it feel to live in a state that has Missouri as its dunce cap?

We are 11-13 now and we will definitely lose to UK and the first round of the SEC Tourney. That leaves Georgia, USC, Arkansas and Ole Miss. All of those are possible but I think we would have to win all 4 to finish at .500.

13-17 is my guess.

The Vols are 11-13 (4-7) with the following games and my prediction...

at Ole Miss win
South Carolina win
at Arkansas win
at Kentucky loss
Georgia win

That would put the Vols at 15-14 (8-8) going into the SEC tournament.

Predicted Finish
East
1. KY
2. Fla
3. SC
4. Vandy
5. TN
6. UGA

West
1. Ala.
2. Miss St
3. LSU
4. Arkansas
5. Ole Miss
6. Auburn

SEC tourney 1st round

E3 South Carolina vs W6 Auburn
W3 LSU vs E6 Georgia
E4 Vanderbilt vs W5 Ole Miss
W4 Arkansas vs E5 Tennessee

The way it looks, the Vols will probably face Arkansas, Ole Miss or Auburn in the 1st round of the tournament. Given Buzz's track record they will probably lose, but this is a game they should win. That would push their record to 16-14. However, depending on if the Vols are E4 or E5, they'll have to face either Kentucky or Alabama in the 2nd round. They would finish no better than 16-15 in my estimation which is a very rosy picture. They should get an NIT bid.

Remember, prior to Crump's injury, the Vols were coming off a win at Florida, a very close loss at South Carolina, an upset home win over Miss State, a lopsided home loss to Vandy and a road victory over Georgia. Besides the Vandy game, the Vols were playing like a team that I really think could finish the last 5 games with a 4-1 record and take the first game in the SEC tournament (if Crump is 100%).

Back to the regular season..... The Ole Miss and Arkansas games are on the road but the Vols should win those games. However, they lost to an Auburn team on the road that they should not have. Should the Vols split those 2 road games, they'll be 14-15 heading into the SEC tournament. Only 2 wins in the SEC tournament guarantee a non-losing season. That is a tough order based upon Buzz's tournament track record. The Vols finish 15-16 in this scenario.

VN Store

Back