Vol's Continue To Roll

rocktopper16

Don’t mind me, I’m just here for the meltdown.
Vols continue roll with Bates commitment
By Chris Low | ESPN.com

Ultimately, Butch Jones will have to get it done on the field as coach at Tennessee, but it's hard to knock anything he's done off it to this point leading up to his first season in Knoxville.

In particular, Jones and his staff are making things happen on the recruiting trail and landed a commitment from ESPN 150 linebacker Dillon Bates on Wednesday night. Bates, who's from Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla., is the son of former Dallas Cowboys player Bill Bates, who's from Knoxville and played his college football at Tennessee. The younger Bates is ranked by ESPN as the No. 3 outside linebacker in the country and had narrowed his choices to Alabama, Florida and Tennessee.

The Vols now have commitments from three of ESPN's top 100 prospects nationally, and all three have ties to the state of Tennessee or the university. Jalen Hurd is from Hendersonville, Tenn., and ranked as the No. 6 running back in the country. Todd Kelly Jr. is from Knoxville, and his father, Todd Kelly, was a defensive end for the Vols before going on to play in the NFL. The younger Kelly is ranked as the No. 5 safety in the country.

In ESPN's latest class rankings, Tennessee is No. 6 nationally. The only SEC schools higher are Alabama at No. 2 and Texas A&M at No. 4.

They're Starting To 'Get It' :loco:

Reactions: 8 people
Thanks for the breaking news Chris!!!! You suck.

Ultimately you are going to have to get better at journalism but we can't complain enough about your regurgitating nonsense.......

Reactions: 1 person

Ultimately you are going to have to get better at journalism but we can't complain enough about your regurgitating nonsense.......

Better than Edward Aschnoff (Sp?) Guy kill's me. We have better journalism on VolNation.. Sometimes.

hey OP, what's with the contraction in "vol's"? "vols" will suffice

Hey. OP here. Thanks to the great technology of a cellular device my word predictor put it there. If a mod must, He can change it.

Didn't we have the "Roll" moniker first back in the 20s or something and Bama stole it from us?

Thread of the year imo.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Without a doubt. We will be talking about it right along side classics like the box of lightbulbs, Kasusha's computer meltdown, and the guy trying to hitch a ride to the game last year ( or maybe the year before). Those are just one's that come to mind right off the top of my head. Anybody want to add some others?

While true, not everyone who reads his articles on ESPN know what is obvious to VOLalholics.

Without a doubt. We will be talking about it right along side classics like the box of lightbulbs, Kasusha's computer meltdown, and the guy trying to hitch a ride to the game last year ( or maybe the year before). Those are just one's that come to mind right off the top of my head. Anybody want to add some others?

The guy hitching a ride was last year and that is a classic for sure.

VN Store

Back