Vols Down 7-3 to Binghamton

TNVols58

Unbelievable...coming in BU was 0-4 after getting swept by Longwood and losing 10-7 today against Kennesaw State...this might be the worst loss in the Raleigh era...losing a Friday game with your #1 starter to Binghamton....what conference are they in???

Our hitting sucks....the middle of the lineup with Hawn, Forsythe, and Duffy has been a joke so far and hasn't done anything

Never thought I'd see it get this bad

Last edited:
I'm not allowed to say anything by other posters who think I'm obviously wrong about the HC and his staff of yes men

Hitting technique's stink. I was a huge fan of coach, but #'s don't lie. We will be searching for a new baseball coach in 3 months. Book it. Just unacceptable to lose to EKY, Binghampton etc...dare I mention the USC Upstate loss last year?!

Upsets are more common in baseball. But this loss should raise questions about the future of the program. I did not see the game, so I will have to rely on those that did and the box score to see what happened. I didn't even want to look at the box score much because it was depressing.

trbonevol....we've lost back to back games against Eastern KY and Binghamtom...BU came into the game 0-4 after getting swept at Longwood (who's that?) and losing today to Kennesaw State 10-7...losing a Friday game to one of these sad teams is pathetic...Rod's teams never pulled crap like this....Raleigh needs to go....I can't fathom to think of him as our coach next year

Alright. The waiting period is over. Raleigh needs to go if this is the improvement we are seeing in year three. If a UT football coach lost two games in a row to such pathetic competition he'd have his bags packed for him. Go back to Western Carolina you loser.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

trbonevol....we've lost back to back games against Eastern KY and Binghamtom...BU came into the game 0-4 after getting swept at Longwood (who's that?) and losing today to Kennesaw State 10-7...losing a Friday game to one of these sad teams is pathetic...Rod's teams never pulled crap like this....Raleigh needs to go....I can't fathom to think of him as our coach next year

Don't get the idea that I was defending Raleigh, mostly agreeing that these losses should raise questions about the leadership of the program (Raleigh). Just stating that upsets do happen more often, especially in midweek games. Mainly because most major conference teams save their best pitching and with only 11.5 scholarships for an entire team it is almost impossible to establish a deep rotation/staff.

Three years for a baseball coach is long enough to see how they will do. And his teams have not done well enough on a consistent basis for him to remain.

On a side note, I have been to midweek games where Delmonico teams lost to sub par teams and you very rightly pointed out in your letter to Mike Hamilton that Delmonico was let go for poor performance on the field (with the exception of going to the CWS in a year to save his job for another few years).

Don't get the idea that I was defending Raleigh, mostly agreeing that these losses should raise questions about the leadership of the program (Raleigh). Just stating that upsets do happen more often, especially in midweek games. Mainly because most major conference teams save their best pitching and with only 11.5 scholarships for an entire team it is almost impossible to establish a deep rotation/staff.

Three years for a baseball coach is long enough to see how they will do. And his teams have not done well enough on a consistent basis for him to remain.

On a side note, I have been to midweek games where Delmonico teams lost to sub par teams and you very rightly pointed out in your letter to Mike Hamilton that Delmonico was let go for poor performance on the field (with the exception of going to the CWS in a year to save his job for another few years).

Yes, Delmonico had several underachieving teams, but as you pointed out, at least he did get the Vols to the CWS every 4-5 years. Raliegh will be lucky to even lead the team to the SEC Tournament.

VN Store

Back