Vols Drop 6-3 Decision to Indiana

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
The Tennessee baseball team saw its four-game winning streak come to an end on Saturday as Indiana scored five runs over the final three innings to claim a 6-3 victory. BOX SCORE | PHOTO GALLERY

More...

Discuss.

Something that I found interesting from the article that is totally unrelated to the outcome of the game; it ended on a fielder's choice. Wasn't aware of that being possible. I think the writer needs to work on his baseball lingo.

On a more related topic, I hate to see them end a hot streak by giving up some runs during the final few frames. Hope they can get some good pitching, especially relief, tomorrow and also get back on track with RISP.

Yes, it's possible.

After reading the rulebook definition of fielder's choice, I see how thats true. My interpretation of fielder's choice has always been allowing a hitter to reach first safely because of the choice to attempt a play at another base. If the out is made and the inning or game ends, then in my opinion its just a putout, as the hitter didn't reach first safely.

Its all semantics I suppose. I know the rulebook wins out, but I don't particularly like it.

Sitting in that rain sucked. Did anyone see a post game interview? Did Rollie Pollie give one? We looked like the vols of old yesterday... But they did play a team that was better than any we faced to date. Those Hoosiers were a scrappy bunch. Don't you think? At the end Toles looked a little confused, with his speed he should have had those 2 fly balls, Very poor read on them (2 in a row). I guess time will tell.

VN Store

Back