Vols Drop Rubber Match to No. 18 Auburn, 9-2

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
The University of Tennessee baseball team fell behind early and could never recover, as it dropped its first series in the second half of its Southeastern Conference schedule with a 9-2 loss to No. 18 Auburn on an overcast Sunday afternoon at Plainsman Park. The Volunteers fall to 29-23 this season and 12-15 in league play, while the Tigers improve to 35-17 overall and 17-10 in conference action.

More...

Discuss.

Thanks for the info.
I hope I didn't count my chicks before hatching.
Well, we sweep Bama and I believe we're in
no matter what happens elsewhere.
GO VOLS!

1) I was joking

2) If we make the NCAA tourney he deserves another year.

I stick with what I said earlier in the season; make Hoover, keep your job another year. If not, see ya.

I would say next weekend Raliegh is fighting for his job but I have a feeling the win streak already saved his butt. Which if is true, is pretty sad IMHO.

IF we get to Hoover and go 0-2 I believe he should still be shown the door. I'm not a Delmonico homer, but he was let go after a 1-2 campaign in the '07 SECT and only two years removed from a CWS appearance. Delmonico gets a free pass from me on the '06 struggle due to the mass exodus of players from the '05 squad. He lost 7-8 starters (including starting pitchers) due to the draft and/or graduating. Tell me how many squads lose their two best weekend starters, 3B, RF, CF, SS, 1B, and LF (part-time starter) and don't experience a dropoff? Other than Arencibia being a JR CRD's '07 squad was young!

Raleigh has consistently proven that he's nothing but inconsistent. How coincidental it is that this late season rally is coming against the weaker half of their SEC schedule. The only quality SEC series they've won is Ole Miss. Winning out against MSU, UGA, UK and even Bama shouldn't save your job. Assuming we're 8th and LSU is 7th, our record vs those top 7(not including Ark) is 6-12. That record coupled with multiple midweek losses to ETSU and WCU hardly merits keeping him around.

Can we not simply dismiss the simpleton for the simple reason that he represents us poorly in his simplicity?

Or is that an oversimplification? :unsure:

VN Store

Back