Vols Earn Road-Series Win With 9-4 Victory Over No. 1 LSU

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
With strong starting pitching from Ty'Relle Harris and nine runs in the first four innings the Tennessee baseball team earned a road-series victory over top-ranked LSU on Sunday afternoon at Alex Box Stadium.

More...

Discuss. :)

Young baseball vols have definitely turned it around. They're what 7-2 last nine games, really starting to come on with it.

Can't wait to see what coach Raleigh puts together in a couple more years. I like it.

Thats what im talking bout what a way 2 turn things around against top ranked LSU. Good job VOLS!

I am shocked. I am embarrassed to say that I had written them off this year.

Does anyone think the diamond vols have a chance to sneak into the SEC tourney? 12 games left, and they probably have to go 8-4 or so to do it. Series wins are great, but they have to have a sweep or two to do it probably.

Does anyone think the diamond vols have a chance to sneak into the SEC tourney? 12 games left, and they probably have to go 8-4 or so to do it. Series wins are great, but they have to have a sweep or two to do it probably.

They seem to be playing better. The problem they have is there are to many teams to pass. They are still in 12th and need to pass four teams and gain three games in the standings with only 12 games left.

yes, they are 2.5 back of Vandy, but Vandy is 9th in the league (0.5 back of Auburn). Top 8 regardless of division make SEC tournament.

well then it's very unlikely we make the tourney but if if we finish the season strong we'll be poised for a very good year next season.

unbelievable...I think the tourney is still out of reach. I am glad, as someone has already pointed out, that they didn't throw in the towel. maybe that reflects back on Raleigh...I don't know. great series for the team though!

That reflects on the boys ...... they know now they can beat anyone in the country..LSU is #1 in the country .. the LSU fans blamed the errors they had in Saturdays game but i was there, our boys just plain didnt give up and they wanted to win after taking that beating on Friday..the boys just want to win with or without Raliegh, then Sundays game was great, the boys were hitting first 4 innings LSU had no errors I had turned to the LSU fans and said what are you going to blame it on today, One old crusty cajun guy said those boys are better than we gave them credit for..Tyrell Harris, Will Locante and Mat Ramsey were great..that lefty (Will) took LSUs momentum away allowed Ramsey to finish them off... I believe in these boys, I believe in this team and so do they.I have been to every game they dont suck just because they loose, There is alot of talent on this team those of you who are critical probably dont even go to the games and I believe you have alot of misconceptions...this team can and will fight..they beat LSU ...TWICE..it wasnt a fluke, this team could make a cinderella comback.

VN Store

Back