Vols embrace renewed 'fun'

kamoshika

An elevated stage, built for an in-house deejay, stood in the northeast tunnel of Neyland Stadium, barely 15 yards from one of the checkerboards end zones.

Two kids and one reality television star put on their coordinator headsets and called plays.

More than 500 former players were welcomed back to their alma mater with open arms, while fans lined up five-plus hours before kickoff for autographs with coaches and players.

If it wasn't already obvious, the point became clearer Saturday: There's a different atmosphere around the Tennessee football program under Butch Jones.

Vols embrace renewed 'fun' (with video) | timesfreepress.com

Reactions: 5 people
Anyone notice the comment by Jaques Smith.

"It's no longer like a job, or just something you must do, or you're coming to work just to get put down, you know what I mean?"

That kind of tells you the atmosphere going around last year.

Reactions: 9 people

"It's no longer like a job, or just something you must do, or you're coming to work just to get put down, you know what I mean?"

That says everything.

The players looked like they were enjoying themselves more imo

Recruiting weekends are about to get really interesting.... When word gets around it won't be long before kids who weren't really thinking about Knoxville will come just to see what it's all about.

I know this season is gonna rough, I know Butch hasnt coached a game here yet , but damn it does feel good to have some optimism, something to look forward to.. a rebirth of Vol football.. im pumped.

It isn't supposed to be fun. We shouldn't hear about players having lives outside of football.

Isn't that what most people say?

That's truly sad. There's nothing worse than having something you love turned sour because of the bad attitude of a leader. Good or bad intentions, people come to resent being put down all the time. Good for Butch for changing that.

ESPN said UT had issues at QB, little speed and Jones may not be able to run his true offense. Sounds harsh and F them

ESPN said UT had issues at QB, little speed and Jones may not be able to run his true offense. Sounds harsh and F them

I hope that they said ". . . in year one." Butch has always said that he will adapt his offense to the strengths and weaknesses of the personnel that he currently has.

VN Store

Back