Vols In The Pros That.....

7IlikeOrange7

Gr8 2 B A TENNESSEE VOL
maybe this topic is dumb but who are some people in the pros that might not have made had they chose another school???

I think Jason Witten benefitted from being in the right place at the right time. He probably would have made it anyway, but he was lucky in that he played at a time we had no real threat at WR at had to throw to him a lot.

Personally I think Cedrick Wilson and Eric Parker would have to qualify. These two are two guys that would have never been drafted if Stallworth and Washington hadnt left early. Neither had great skills though both are developing into decent Pro receivers now. But just being starting receivers at WR U got them into the NFL. This is my opinion only though.

Let me clarify that before a stat guy kills me for it. I know Cedrick was technically before the two I mentioned. Price and Copeland also were removed for Wilson. Either way neither really impressed me compared to some of the other recievers drafted out of TN.

i think another one would have to be travis stephens... i think he was good but i think some others schools probly wouldnt have started a guy that is 5'7 or 5'8.... he is agreat player though

I think Cedric Wilson is a great example. The guy was a QB coming out of high school.

I think those are good choices where a player is moved from his natural position and ends up in another position and makes it to the pros. I think Whitten was a lineman when he got here wasn't he?

I'm pretty sure Whitten played tight end and defensive end for Elizabethton High School. Up here in the very northeast TN.

yeah witten played tight end and linebacker actually......we finished 5th in the state that year (i went to daniel boone) but we got beat by elizabethton twice that year once in the season and in the playoffs.....he had a good team around him too they were a few points from goin to state championship

VN Store

Back