Vols lose to Belmont

Belmont has a solid club, can't be expected to beat UT though. Wow. Can't believe UT only managed 3 runs.

Well... better to lose to them in baseball than to almost get beat by them in basketball. Atleast thats my motto... well that and everybody wang chung.

These midweek losses are really hard to understand.

Not really, we only have 2 good starters, other than that we can't hold our own.

That being said, 3 runs doesn't seem like a whole lot from these guys.

We've been pimpslapped by pretty much every team in the state of Tennessee. I don't get it. Our team started out pretty good... Now they can't beat anyone. They should be embarassed that they can suck this badly.

Belmont's starter was 1-6 and had an ERA over 6. He ruled us yesterday.

I watched some of the postgame meeting that Raleigh had with the players. I think his message was made clear, and the running around campus that night will remind them how much work they have to do to be good in the SEC.

Their attitude should be different on Friday night. Their getting chewed out for an hour and a half after a loss makes me love having Todd Raleigh even more. Tennessee baseball is finally becoming blue collar.

I can see losing a midweek game but then readjusting and not overlooking a team the next week. How we lose every mid-week game is beyond me.

What is hard to understand? Our baseball team just isn't that good. College baseball is very different, and as far as I can tell it is going to be a "wait and see" game with this new coach. He will need time to prove he can recruit kids to come play here, but I think he has an uphill battle ahead of him.

Not to mention recruiting isn't exactly a cakewalk when you start with a baker's dozen of scholarships and that is whittled down due to the APR. They should be doing better, but they're a work in progress. I don't see the need for the weekly "we suck" post.

Judging by his posts, I don't believe NEW COACH knows anything about any level of baseball.

It's not the best policy to talk big and write one line posts.

I know the "game'' of baseball as good as anybody. Maybe I don't understand these mid-week losses but I know baseball.

I know the "game'' of baseball as good as anybody. Maybe I don't understand these mid-week losses but I know baseball.

You need to be more specific. You could know the game when you're playing like where to go when the ball is hit to you etc etc. But you might not know the game from an analyst point of view if you know what i mean?

VN Store

Back