Vols pickup a new recruit

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Albert Toeaina verbally committed to the vols today. He is considered to be one of the top offensive lineman in the nation out of junior college. This guy could come in and start next year. Big pickup for the vols.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

I heard about this guy on the radio yesterday.

Apparently, he is 6' 5" and weighs 345!!!!!

He will enroll in the spring. Considering how woeful Tennessee's running game has been this year, maybe he will give the Vols a boost at tackle. I understand that Oklahoma and Texas were recruiting him.

Score one for the Vols.

Seventh commitment
The nation’s top-ranked junior college offensive tackle, Albert Toeaina, committed to the Vo ls this week and will enroll in January. Toeaina, the seventh player to commit to UT for next year, is a 6-5, 345-pounder from the City College of San Francisco, the junior college that produced Vols safety Gibril Wilson.
This weekend, Tennessee welcomes Xavier Mitchell, a 6-3, 240-pound defensive end from Long Beach, Miss., for an official visit. Rivals.com has Mitchell the 10 th-ranked strongside defensive end prospect in the nation.

With Clausen graduating we have to be able to run the ball next year. Has anybody heard anything on QBs? We have to find somebody to take snaps next year and I'm afraid the best option may be a Freshman. Next year's offense could potentially make this year look high flying.

I don't see any QBs here that can be very good, but you never know.

CJ Leak: If he hasn't figured it out by now he never will.

Rick Clausen: Don't know much about him, but may be our leading candidate.

James Banks: Great athlete but will not fit as QB in our system. I believe he is not to the point where he makes good decisions. Will get his shot though and has a lot of upside.

Jim Bob Cooter: Not as talented as some of the others but has shown to be a solid contributor who makes good decisions and will not get you beat.

There is one other guy I think his name is Hardegree but I don't know much about him other than his dad is a coach and I think we signed him in a package deal with Daniel Brooks last year.

I don't see a true freshman starting for this team next year, at least for the first few games. The only chance we have other than the above is if we sign a top notch QB who can enroll early.

The Vols got their 8th commitment today from Sinclair Cannon. Not very highly rated and I really don't know much about him.

VN Store

Back