Vols Pronunciations

crusse10

THIS MAN IS A PERVERT
In case you were wondering whose name our Public Address Announcer would be mispronouncing this year, its' apparently going to be Dontavis Sapp.

Seriously, though. He has a pronunciation guide in front of his face that says: don-TAY-viss, and he can't say it correctly.

Yeah, I'll miss his "Football Time" call, but other than that...gtfo.

Don't care either but laughed when called Marlon Walls and said Marion Walls. Dangerously close sounding to Mary Anne Walls, which would have been dangerous for our PA announcer...

On a side note, I don't remember hearing "pay these prices and pay no more" this game. Maybe I just missed it

Always room for criticism eh.

I've criticized him since I learned he was inept at his job.

I can't remember how many different ways he pronounced Tauren Poole's name, but none of them were ever correct.

I've criticized him since I learned he was inept at his job.

I can't remember how many different ways he pronounced Tauren Poole's name, but none of them were ever correct.

Sooooo.....those Oregon girls are hot huh? :drool::w00t::swoon3::victory:

Don't care either but laughed when called Marlon Walls and said Marion Walls. Dangerously close sounding to Mary Anne Walls, which would have been dangerous for our PA announcer...

On a side note, I don't remember hearing "pay these prices and pay no more" this game. Maybe I just missed it
He did "pay these prices."

He just needs to pay more attention to the game and less attention to his deep-fried snickers bars.

I also heard him mispronounce Neal's name a few times, as in Reejon, and Roojon.

Yeah, he also added an extra syllable in there on Neal.... like "Ray-jaw-wan". I almost spit water when he said "Marion Walls". :shakehead:

Last edited:
I thought he sounded a little "looped" last night. Numerous slurred words & the usual mispronunciation!

Marion was John Wayne's first name.
What's the danger?

VN Store

Back