Vols Run to Series Sweep of Canisius

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
UT is off to its best start since 2003 after putting behind a rough start and two rain delays to rally for a 9-4 victory to complete the series sweep over Canisius.
BOX SCORE | PHOTO GALLERY

More...

Discuss.

Glad to see the nice start, but the true nature of this team will be revealed when they start conference play. I hope they do well. The entire fanbase needs it.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I REALLY hope this can be one of those surprise years and we excede expections! We need it!

Really, we have no clue as to how good/bad this team is until conference play starts. It's a gauntlet this year.

Vols should have one loss going into conference play. I don't think we will know how good or how bad this team is until after a couple conference series either

Vols should have one loss going into conference play. I don't think we will know how good or how bad this team is until after a couple conference series either

one game at a time guys....remember everyone was saying the bb team should go 17-0 after whippin up on Pitt and Villinova ? .... still got 11 games to play before opening up sec play .... one game at a time.

First home sweep since LSU in 2008.
A fantastic start 5-1 but the wins are futile if they can't win division games.

A good comeback losing 3-0 then coming back to win 9-4.

Norfolk has been fantastic getting a hit in all 6 games,Toles continues to get doubles, a double steal outstanding, Duffy is having a terrific year.

Vols were successful stealing 9 of 10 bases. They will need to be that successful when they play Florida, Vandy, South Carolina, and other bigshot teams.

Only the 2nd hr of the year but it was a three run homer that gave the Vols the lead.

4 Saves in 4 games equal's what they had in 2010.

They are getting close to my ideal start of winning 10-12 of their first 15 games.

VN Store

Back