Vols train with KPD

Coug

UT football players train with Knoxville police officers

"It's appreciation for our police officers in our area here to protect us so it's great to come out here with them and see what they do and how they protect us," said UT football player Byron Moore.

"They learned team work and trust especially with the close quarters situation where the officers break into a room. It's tight, it's close quarters but they all rely on each other similar to the way our players rely on each other in a tough situation or a game situation," said Antone Davis(VFL Coordinator).

siap

Comparing what cops do to what football players do is a direct slap in the face to law enforcement.

wow, imagine Tiny really busting in the door :cray:. I think the suspect would faint in real life!!! Tiny is huge!! :)

Reactions: 1 person
Can only assume that CBJ was behind this, so kudos to him. Most importantly though is if this one day with the PO-lice makes one student athlete stop and think just one time before the do something that stains their career/imiage for life, than Cuonzo needs to sign up the Bball team.

i think it's a great idea. maybe it will help the police/football relationship plus it will help our team have more respect for the police and hopefully stay out of trouble. I'm suprised more teams don't do this.

Disclaimer: I am not a member of KPD, nor do I have a family member that works there. However, I am informed and know officers on the force. KPD is the #1 rated police department in America by CALEA. It's academy and police department both have the highest rating in law enforcement. The utmost respect should be in order here as there are many VFL's within KPD. Some of them y'all watched and cheered for on Saturdays. Their recruits go through a boot camp very much like specialized military units. KPD should be a source of pride in our area and not one of derision by idiots trying to be funny and failing.

The football players that participated in the event loved every minute of it. They received training with firearms, participated with the dogs, were "saved" from mock burning buildings, rode with officers maneuvering their vehicles as in chases, etc. Butch & staff have instilled much good character in this team as they were all respectful and shook the hands of every officer that participated. That is something the general public could learn from and hopefully they will since the team is high profile within the fan base.

Reactions: 2 people
Disclaimer: I am not a member of KPD, nor do I have a family member that works there. However, I am informed and know officers on the force. KPD is the #1 rated police department in America by CALEA. It's academy and police department both have the highest rating in law enforcement. The utmost respect should be in order here as there are many VFL's within KPD. Some of them y'all watched and cheered for on Saturdays. Their recruits go through a boot camp very much like specialized military units. KPD should be a source of pride in our area and not one of derision by idiots trying to be funny and failing.

The football players that participated in the event loved every minute of it. They received training with firearms, participated with the dogs, were "saved" from mock burning buildings, rode with officers maneuvering their vehicles as in chases, etc. Butch & staff have instilled much good character in this team as they were all respectful and shook the hands of every officer that participated. That is something the general public could learn from and hopefully they will since the team is high profile within the fan base.

Cool story bro. KPD has been crooked since Hutchison's first day as Sheriff.

Reactions: 2 people
I thought it was an interesting read with video even. Guess not?

:unsure:
no, it is. It's just that this article is from Jul 22, and it was posted and discussed here.

I was just messing with you man. A lot of times people post "old news" because they aren't around alot or miss stuff, but I see you on here alot so I would think you would have seen it posted here when it came out

:peace2:

There's some areas of Knoxville that can use some extra patrolling.

They might want to wear bullet-proof vests.

Stop getting your comparisons at Dunkin Donuts

Lol. I train BJJ with several local officers and they still enjoy being referenced to Dunkin Donuts. Of course they are in shape, so I guess the comment doesn't resonate with them as much as it may with others.

no, it is. It's just that this article is from Jul 22, and it was posted and discussed here.

I was just messing with you man. A lot of times people post "old news" because they aren't around alot or miss stuff, but I see you on here alot so I would think you would have seen it posted here when it came out

:peace2:

Ahhh! I'm on here a lot but don't always come into the football forum, so I posted the SIAP(sorry if already posted)after my post just in case. :yes:

Pretty much all my experience with Knox County Sheriffs have been positive. They're not typically quite as up tight as KPD. In fact I think all the tickets I've gotten living here were by KPD not KCS.

Last game I was at there were some extremely unprofessional KPD officers around. I sure didnt see this amazing training.

VN Store

Back