Vols win at Oklahoma next week and odds of making the playoffs

UGA has struggled on what seems like 1 road game early in the year, but they find ways to gut it out for a win. We unfortunately get them in Athens this year and the last couple of years we have struggled on the road at times as well.

I think the ceiling is high for the Vols, but let’s not get upset if UGA still goes into that game favored by 10+ still.

UGA has struggled on what seems like 1 road game early in the year, but they find ways to gut it out for a win. We unfortunately get them in Athens this year and the last couple of years we have struggled on the road at times as well.

I think the ceiling is high for the Vols, but let’s not get upset if UGA still goes into that game favored by 10+ still.
GA has Bama, TX and Ole Miss all on the road. Could very well be 3 losses. Blink on TN and they'll beat um too.

I'm beginning to think 11-1, if not 12-0.

Bama and UGa have both shown themselves beatable. This is not the dominant Georgia of 2021 or 2022.

Don't get me wrong; we could lose both games. Heck, we could lose vs Oklahoma.

But we could certainly win all three of those games, as well.

Go Vols!
I like the optimism, although I would caution you to pump the brakes some. We really haven’t been tested yet. Nico has not seen SEC level athletes barreling towards him yet. NC state could very well be massively overrated. We’ll learn more about our team against OU than we have learned in the past 3 games. If we roll in Norman, I would agree with your take

Georgia looked like a 3 loss team tonite @KY. Very beatable and some tough road games.
Occasionally Georgia finds themselves playing uninspired football... Missouri couple years ago and for some reason against UK but I'd be OK if we're a 3 .OSS team as long as 1 of those Ls came from s.

I'm really starting to smell a 2022 vs LSU type game for us in Norman Saturday. Go into their house and just flat out whip them.
Except that LSU had Jaden Daniel who still passed for 300 yards in the loss.

Who does OU have?

Brazzell and Mike Matthews provide that vertical threat. Sampson and Bishop is a strong 1-2 punch.
Then our defense is legit...

55-10 Vols

Except that LSU had Jaden Daniel who still passed for 300 yards in the loss.

Who does OU have?

Brazzell and Mike Matthews provide that vertical threat. Sampson and Bishop is a strong 1-2 punch.
Then our defense is legit...

55-10 Vols
There's no way we beat them that bad. I think we win but more like by two touchdowns. I'll say 35-21

I like the optimism, although I would caution you to pump the brakes some. We really haven’t been tested yet. Nico has not seen SEC level athletes barreling towards him yet. NC state could very well be massively overrated. We’ll learn more about our team against OU than we have learned in the past 3 games. If we roll in Norman, I would agree with your take
I expect the game to be tougher in OK but I still believe we win by 30+. Winning by more than that will definitely send a message to all future opponents. I don't care about the message, just the Ws.

Reactions: walkenvol
There's no way we beat them that bad. I think we win but more like by two touchdowns. I'll say 35-21
Jax, we haven't given up an offensive TD all season and you think this OU offense will suddenly put 21 on us??

Have you watched them play?

People are giving them credit purely off their name.

Today's ESPN FPI give us a 73% chance to make the playoffs which doesn't mean spit right now but it also give Georgia a 69.7% chance and for some reason that makes me smile.

Reactions: Scot Harvath
Place your bets ladies and gentlemen, place your bets...
football-betting.jpg

Jax, we haven't given up an offensive TD all season and you think this OU offense will suddenly put 21 on us??

Have you watched them play?

People are giving them credit purely off their name.
I do think OU will score a TD. Tennessee has played 3 bad offenses. OU’s isn’t great, but it’s good enough to end our no-TD streak (and better than the 3 we’ve played). That said, as long as we win, I don’t care.

My fear is they know they can’t beat us straight up so they’re going to get creative. We should expect trick plays. They could fail bad and turn this into a route quickly but if they nail a couple and we have 1-2 bad turnovers then we could find ourselves in a dog fight for awhile.

However, with the depth of our DL I just think even if it is a dog fight by the mid third quarter they’ll run out of steam and we’ll control from there on out.

So I guess I’m saying if we play mistake free for the first half, they try to get cute and we stay at home and disciplined, which I trust we should, this could turn into a route very early and break them.

That’s the only way I see them hanging awhile and keeping belief they can compete. And I think that combo is they’re only shot, so they’ll likely play that card.

Georgia looked like a 3 loss team tonite @KY. Very beatable and some tough road games.
OR Ky looked like the team that was expected. So. Car. is Tn's Fla. as it relates to GA. No matter how the two teams stack up, it will be a war. So what I am saying is, "let's no look past or forget KY.

VN Store

Back