War in Iraq...........

volfan2024

“Wanna play ball scarecrow “
Has anyone seen on the military channel the documentary about the Clarksville, Arkansas Army National Guard 18 month tour in Iraq.They are back now.I don't know if they were redeployed. It focused on these 19-20 year olds and a few older guys in the Army National Guard keeping peace in the area. Interesting piece.Not intended to take away from any other military branch, this just happens to be the most informative real life stuff.

I recommend most to watch these types of shows that deal with the everyday life of men serving.

It is such a different world than here.

What would provoke an idiot to give a war topic a one star. Stupidity. I think the star rating is fine although I think the voter's name should be displayed as not to hide behind the board.Otherwords, be a man, not a child.

I honestly never pay attention to the star ratings. It was probably a 14 year old that rated this one star in between games of Tetris in the arcade.

Don't worry about it.

Hmmmmm... I thought our War with the terrorists was a conflict that has no borders, started around the bombing of the USS Cole... unless there was an embassy bombing I have forgotten.

war-n. A state of open, armed, often prolonged conflict carried on between nations, states, or parties.

Either way, I'd rather the largest part of the conflict be carried out elsewhere, not in the US, and if Iraq is the place that presents that, so be it.

(rwemyss @ Mar 25 said:
Hmmmmm... I thought our War with the terrorists was a conflict that has no borders, started around the bombing of the USS Cole... unless there was an embassy bombing I have forgotten.

war-n. A state of open, armed, often prolonged conflict carried on between nations, states, or parties.

Either way, I'd rather the largest part of the conflict be carried out elsewhere, not in the US, and if Iraq is the place that presents that, so be it.

Teach college do you? :biggrin2:

(utfantilidie @ Mar 25 said:
Teach college do you? :biggrin2:
Wish I did... maybe I could reverse some of the brainwashing that goes on when students get here. :p

(rwemyss @ Mar 25 said:

Sadly, if we want to win the full war on terrorism, it will be to escalate to numerous other countries throughout the world, not just Middle East.

I support my President and I support my cause but we are even questioning it now.

(U-T @ Mar 26 said:
Sadly, if we want to win the full war on terrorism, it will be to escalate to numerous other countries throughout the world, not just Middle East.

I support my President and I support my cause but we are even questioning it now.
I understand what you are saying U-T... our tactics certainly need to be reevaluated... taking the military to Iraq had special implications because that country was being run by a terrorist, but there are plenty of other regimes out there with a similar profile, the one getting all the press is Iran.

The unconventional enemy of Al-Quaida deserves unconventional means...

VN Store

Back