Wars, genocide, reparations, etc (split from recruiting forum)

The only thing that bothers me is all the things that were done in the name of God. Just because someone claimed God's name doesn't mean God was anywhere near it.

That is usually how it goes. Someone who doesn't care will always come along to use the sacred to do horrible things because they know that it's something that people hold dear and that there are many that are so scared of displeasing God that they won't stop to question whether or not the man (or woman) claiming to speak for him is saying something awful (or that it will buy them just enough time before someone speaks up and says 'hey, this person can't be right on this.'

But if it weren't God/religion, it would be something else we hold dear used to justify horrible things. I think people have to listen to their own hearts and if someone is telling you something that seems wrong in the name of something you care about take a breath and figure out why.

Don’t even bother. It’s not worth the headache anymore. The US does such an awful job of teaching history that most of its citizens can’t understand the nuances of the time. Or the simple fact that no one prior to 1990 had a problem acknowledging bad things in history while simultaneously admitting we still are the greatest country ever to exist.
Just to add on.. I got a degree in history and planned on teaching. I saw the curriculum when going through student teaching and decided I couldn’t do it. I just can’t teach history the way the state, for whatever reason, wants it to be taught. (That we are the worst scourge to humanity and evil incarnate.)

So I spent a bunch of money to get a piece of paper that does nothing for me, just to hop around doing jobs I could’ve done out of high school because I know I’d be fired if I even tried to teach with my “controversial” view of loving my country anyways.

I’m not bitching for pity, I made my choice. And my life has been harder because of it. But I am bitching because I can’t understand how you can look at the world throughout history and decide that america is somehow the worst.

We have problems. every country, person, anything does. But that doesn’t mean we aren’t the best despite those problems.

God bless, and god bless America. Thanks, I’ll get off my soap box now.

Almost tangential to the subject at hand is an interesting bit of irony... There is a swelling anti-gringo movement in Mexico. Apparently, since Covid, digital nomad-ism, etc, lots of Mexicans are pissed that Americans are migrating South, across the border.
This has been going on for years. Whites moving to Mexico City for corporate and tech jobs.

Reactions: Orange_Crush
Sitting back drinking my Schlitz and getting my History lesson God Bless America!!!!
764009014412.jpg

Just to add on.. I got a degree in history and planned on teaching. I saw the curriculum when going through student teaching and decided I couldn’t do it. I just can’t teach history the way the state, for whatever reason, wants it to be taught. (That we are the worst scourge to humanity and evil incarnate.)

So I spent a bunch of money to get a piece of paper that does nothing for me, just to hop around doing jobs I could’ve done out of high school because I know I’d be fired if I even tried to teach with my “controversial” view of loving my country anyways.

I’m not bitching for pity, I made my choice. And my life has been harder because of it. But I am bitching because I can’t understand how you can look at the world throughout history and decide that america is somehow the worst.

We have problems. every country, person, anything does. But that doesn’t mean we aren’t the best despite those problems.

God bless, and god bless America. Thanks, I’ll get off my soap box now.
Could you have taught in a private school?

VN Store

Back