Wars, genocide, reparations, religion, etc (split from recruiting forum)

im all about equity and not shaming but thats ****ing ridiculous. like me winning Mr Universe. Id win Dadbod of the year, but have no reason in the world to be near mr universe stage
Says a lot about you.

On June 8 1861, as the Civil War entered its third month, Tennessee, a border state poised between North and South, voted 102,172-47,328 to secede from the Union and join the Confederacy.

In the state’s mountainous eastern section, however, where few people owned slaves, voters opposed secession by more than 2-to-1.

Tennessee was the last state to leave the Union for the Confederacy and the first readmitted to the Union at war’s end. During the war, many Tennesseans wore Confederate gray uniforms while others donned Union blue. It furnished more soldiers for the Confederate Army than any other state and more soldiers for the Union Army than any other Southern state.

1717853783284.png

On June 8 1861, as the Civil War entered its third month, Tennessee, a border state poised between North and South, voted 102,172-47,328 to secede from the Union and join the Confederacy.

In the state’s mountainous eastern section, however, where few people owned slaves, voters opposed secession by more than 2-to-1.

Tennessee was the last state to leave the Union for the Confederacy and the first readmitted to the Union at war’s end. During the war, many Tennesseans wore Confederate gray uniforms while others donned Union blue. It furnished more soldiers for the Confederate Army than any other state and more soldiers for the Union Army than any other Southern state.

View attachment 646793
Shows the true nature of that war. It was a truly divided nation on many issues, including slavery among others. As awful as the Civil War was, I truly think it was needed to move us towards the nation we are today. We are far from a perfect nation and have plenty of things to work on and improve upon. However, there is nowhere else in the world I would rather live, even with all of our flaws.

Shows the true nature of that war. It was a truly divided nation on many issues, including slavery among others. As awful as the Civil War was, I truly think it was needed to move us towards the nation we are today. We are far from a perfect nation and have plenty of things to work on and improve upon. However, there is nowhere else in the world I would rather live, even with all of our flaws.
Both good and bad came from the Civil War. Lincoln's overreach in power began the rise of federal government growing larger than it was meant to be.

DD just hit a HR.

Where is date of birth and date of death.
Good catch, but that was my mistake. I cropped out the pedal stool that includes the dates. I just changed the photo (#175,962) to show the whole monument.

But I'm asking about this epitaph in particular. These are the three things he wanted to be remembered for.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Good catch, but that was my mistake. I cropped the pedal stool that includes the dates out of the photo. I'll change the photo.

But I'm asking about this epitaph in particular. These are the three things he wanted to be remembered for.
I will be moving along. Back to the baseball game .

Reactions: Orange.

It most certainly moved us towards the nation we are today which is one with an overreaching and bloated central government that will spend the nation into slavery. Yay, civil war!

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
3rd President of The United States of America...Ambassador to France...Monumental ***hole...
🤷‍♂️
Correct.

Jefferson wished to be remembered for 3 things. (1) The author of the Declaration of American Independence, (2) the author of the Statute for Virginia on Religious Freedom, and (3) the founder of UVA (the first university in America not affiliated with a religious denomination).

What did he not consider to be on the level of those things? Being President, which he called a "splendid misery."

Last edited:

VN Store

Back