Wars, genocide, reparations, religion, etc (split from recruiting forum)

@Jackcrevol

If you really want to understand the issue, you should research how many lives are saved annually by legal use of firearms. It's astounding. The reason you don't know about it is your media doesn't want you to know about it.
Fair enough. And that is something id be willing to listen too. Its an intriguing topic to me. Personally, as I grow older and having the desire to hunt, am opposed to an outright ban.

Clearly that isnt going to happen, because of the Const., lobby, and the dollars generated by the makers.

Ive always thought there was a middle ground on this topic.

Reactions: Volunteer821
I don’t think you and I have common ground, because I don’t think you have interest in understanding the actual problem. Rather, I believe you only have interest in controlling guns.

There is no gun problem in America. We have a violence problem among black Americans, especially those under 30. Sometimes it’s misrepresented as an “inner city” violence problem, but that’s simply inaccurate. Mississippi for example has nothing anyone would really consider a “big city”
And, if you really want to break it down, the last several mass shootings have been from the LBTQ community. My personal opinion is that we are seeing the effects of an over medicated society especially when children are/were medicated during crucial brain development period. Chemical baby sitting if you will. We'll never see a study on that though.

Fair enough. And that is something id be willing to listen too. Its an intriguing topic to me. Personally, as I grow older and having the desire to hunt, am opposed to an outright ban.

Clearly that isnt going to happen, because of the Const., lobby, and the dollars generated by the makers.

There is no middle ground since the problem isn't the number of guns or access to guns, the problem is the people.

Aren’t we already at a “middle ground”? You’re wanting to shift the “middle” to something closer to complete control than what we currently have.

Edit: the link is what you said you’d be willing to listen to. It’s the CDC results that estimated guns to be between 1.5-10 times more likely to be used (either pulled out or actually fired) for self defense than for criminal activity

Last edited:

Again, not addressing the cause is why we are where we are. Passing laws against those who don't break the law has no affect on the ones that break the law. Passing more laws will only make it harder for law abiding citizens to protect themselves. It will have zero influence on those breaking the law.

I'll add that we've historically had more access to guns with proportionately less gun violence so that goes against more gun laws.

You’re opposed to an “outright ban”. Well, that’s encouraging.

But you believe there is a middle ground between that, and what we have now.

Well what would that look like? Some sort of compromise?

Reactions: InVOLuntary

And have we not already given enough to their side?bans on automatic weapons, essential bans on public carry in many places, lifetime bans for felons, mandatory registration in some areas, background checks, massive wait times/background checks/expenses for suppressors, etc

Last edited:
I don’t think you and I have common ground, because I don’t think you have interest in understanding the actual problem. Rather, I believe you only have interest in controlling guns.

There is no gun problem in America. We have a violence problem among black Americans, especially those under 30. Sometimes it’s misrepresented as an “inner city” violence problem, but that’s simply inaccurate. Mississippi for example has nothing anyone would really consider a “big city”
That's part of the the problem but far from all of it. There's also a violence problem among other demographics, uno mas que otros. And a mental health problem which has contributed to far too many mass shootings.

I think it has to be. Gun lobby & dollar are too strong.

Again, both sides would have to listen to one another. And I dont mean half listen, really listen. It may not be what you want to hear.

I think it has to be. Gun lobby & dollar are too strong.

Again, both sides would have to listen to one another. And I dont mean half listen, really listen. It may not be what you want to hear.
And what would this compromise look like?
What would each of the 2 sides be giving up?

Reactions: KptVFL
Agree, alot of laws we have today were influenced by Christian beliefs. That's not a coincidence.
There is very little Christian values left in this country. And the continued, slow degradation of our society is clear evidence of that. I suspect the more secular America becomes, the worse it will be.

There is very little Christian values left in this country. And the continued, slow degradation of our society is clear evidence of that. I suspect the more secular America becomes, the worse it will be.
I agree with this too. Whether you're a Christian or not, you cannot deny that Christian values are ultimately good for any society. Like you said in your post, the further we get away from those values the worse our society will be. We also live in a me society, that's nothing new throughout history, but it is definitely repeating itself. All powerful societies thru history have had this problem, which ultimately led to their destruction.

I agree with this too. Whether you're a Christian or not, you cannot deny that Christian values are ultimately good for any society. Like you said in your post, the further we get away from those values the worse our society will be. We also live in a me society, that's nothing new throughout history, but it is definitely repeating itself. All powerful societies thru history have had this problem, which ultimately led to their destruction.
What about the Scandinavian countries and Japan? Those are the most secular countries in the world.

VN Store

Back