Wars, genocide, reparations, religion, etc (split from recruiting forum)

If you haven't heard the President of El Salvador describe how they took their country from the world's murder capitol to the safest country in the western hemisphere... it's a fascinating conversation.

Confessing my cynicism, the story sounds so "right" that I confess I'm holding back 10% of my certitude for further confirmation.

Some of my friends from El Salvador say ms13 is still very much present there. I'm sure it's better than it was, but I'm not buying a retirement house there any time soon.

Yeah. I'm old enough to remember when Fidel Castro was good news to the USA.

Latin America has produced some slick characters as leaders. But they've also been treated worse than slaves by the CIA and other "national" interests. So many people there deserving justice and peace and opportunity.

That's the part that makes sense about his story. You know God wants better for those people.
You ever read 'Memoirs of an Economic Hitman'?

Reactions: BruisedOrange
You ever read 'Memoirs of an Economic Hitman'?
No. Thanks for the lead. I checked the summary. Sounds right on.

Of note is that the author is... "a former chief economist, he advised the World Bank, the United Nations, Fortune 500 corporations, and governments around the world."

Money drives everything. National borders are just contractual conveniences. Or were.

If you haven't heard the President of El Salvador describe how they took their country from the world's murder capitol to the safest country in the western hemisphere... it's a fascinating conversation.

Confessing my cynicism, the story sounds so "right" that I confess I'm holding back 10% of my certitude for further confirmation.

Mexico, Venezuela, Columbia, Brazil (Sao Paolo), and Ecuador are safest places on earth.

Ahhh? Prehistoric 1800 Russia! When what you IDENTIFIED as meant nichego!
Don’t forget where he mentioned “modern” Russia was the issue. As if there’s been a period where Russia was “progressive”. Wonder when that was?
You prefer regressive state entities like modern Russia, Hungary, NK, etc that want to go back 100 years? Have fun with that.

Time only goes in 1 direction.

By doing EVERYTHING the exact opposite of the way liberals think things should be done. Never thought i would have interest in moving to El Salvador lol

It was only closed for a day to clean it. It's usually a staffing issue if too many call in sick. You can't have kids without the personnel.

Covid shutdowns will never happen again and rightfully, so. But, there were many instances where schools closed for a short time because of a flu outbreak well before we knew what Covid was.
Teachers aren't known these days for wanting to come to work either.

I listened to some of this. It's amazing how little the protected classes admit about actual history...

Don’t forget where he mentioned “modern” Russia was the issue. As if there’s been a period where Russia was “progressive”. Wonder when that was?
I think Stalin liked to cross dress and Leonid Brezhnev identified as a pack of cigarettes.

Reactions: Volunteer821
Their fans absolutely hate their O line coach. From their Reddit page:

"UT has to overpay for all there big time recruits because Knoxville is a remote town in one of the most Conservative areas of the state."
What's wrong with being "one of the most conservative areas of the state"??? I think that would be a huge selling point, especially with a family like Sanders has.

What's wrong with being "one of the most conservative areas of the state"??? I think that would be a huge selling point, especially with a family like Sanders has.
Just proves their intelligence level. It’s shocking why everyone from California, New York, and Colorado are moving to East TN. It must be because this place sucks.

Just proves their intelligence level. It’s shocking why everyone from California, New York, and Colorado are moving to East TN. It must be because this place sucks.
Tbf they come for the cheap real estate. Thus why locals don't like them bringing their politics with them.

Guess they may even things out over time. Don't have to be bleeding blue, but moderation would be nice.

One day, maybe, we'll stop voting with the backwards likes of Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Missouri, West Virginia 😪 That itself should be very telling and a red flag.

Some times the total ignorance of people criticizing East Tennessee and UT is just astounding. This is one of the fastest growing areas in the whole country thanks to the huge influx of people from every area of the country. But you haters just keep on being you.

Reactions: Glitch
Tbf they come for the cheap real estate. Thus why locals don't like them bringing their politics with them.

Guess they may even things out over time. Don't have to be bleeding blue, but moderation would be nice.

One day, maybe, we'll stop voting with the backwards likes of Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Missouri, West Virginia 😪 That itself should be very telling and a red flag.
I talk to these people every day. Most of them are moving here to escape the policies of where they came from.

Great! Another bigoted opinion. My work has taken me to all of the major metropolitan areas of the eastern US over the last 5 months and I will happily vote with the states you have mentioned. And people are moving to East Tennessee for that reason.

Why do contemporary American soldiers seem to have far higher rates of this stuff than the soldiers of old?

It seems like it would help to know the answer to that question...war is hell, but it has always been hell....so why?
It’s an awful outcome that so many of our vets suffer.

But do current vets succumb at a higher rate, or do we simply hear about it more often given the digital age we live in?

Irrespective of the answer, we should be doing more. Period.

Seems like CBD and THC have so many beneficial effects on pain, inflammation, etc... Have we ever considered that it's Big Pharma behind weed's 'schedule' problem?
I think it was under Obama that the FDA came out and admitted the reason it was still a restricted drug was because they couldn't reproduce the results.

It’s an awful outcome that so many of our vets suffer.
It's garbage how they come back to so little, so often. Talking resources and help. I've lost faith they ever will.

Which is why priority #1 imo is to work to create fewer vets to begin with. Not talking WW type scenarios, but fighting over oil or BS...just hell no. Tell all the rich politicians "you first" and we'll see how their solution suddenly changes to foreign wars not directly involving us.

VN Store

Back