We came out strong after the half / 2nd half adjustments (merged)

I hadn't really thought of that, but you're right. That's the first time in a couple of years that we've really answered the bell right after halftime.

Reactions: 4 people
Agreed!!... However, hate to be a negavol on this but the Johnson catch was busted coverage and Worley still under threw the ball.

There is a visible difference in how this team is coached

They don't hang their heads when something goes wrong

Unlike some of our fans

Reactions: 14 people
This is where Dooley failed. We never adjusted at halftime. Butch has made some very good adjustments.

We arent loaded with talent but we are clearly a better coached team.

Reactions: 3 people
You can tell the guys are coached up. Love how Jones runs the program so far. I guess it doesn't matter if your dad is an SEC icon. If you suck in coaching you will not make it. Even if you have all the connections. And if you can coach you will eventually be noticed. Sports is results based.

Reactions: 1 person
My thoughts exactly. Never felt I saw half-time adjustments or motivation from the Vols after half time for the past few years.

I wouldn't give too much credit to Jones just yet. Petrino may have just spent halftime picking out his passenger for the motorcycle ride home.

Reactions: 2 people
We've had our first real look at the CBJ regime now.

Our Vols curled into the fetal position after Dooley's halftime Rommel speeches.

We had to respond on offense in the second half after that crazy first half. What a response so far.

It's a new era Vol fans. We're not as good as I hoped during Camp (I'm one of those who has been hyping the Oregon game), but good things are coming.

Reactions: 2 people
This team is playing hard. I love the passion on defense. Running game is getting better the later in the game it gets. Very disciplined team that we are watching.

Making adjustments and fixing mistakes from the first half at half time? I forgot what that was like. Feeeeelz. Gooooood

Yeah, that interception by Worley was bad. No reason to just sling it up like that. Need to tuck and run or just throw it away in that situation. We must improve in the decision-making department at QB (and must get better accuracy). Overall, though I am still optimistic about the future. This team is better coached than at any point in the past 6 years. Now, we just have to get the right depth and experience at all of our positions. There is a lot to build on.

I was expecting the worst when it got cut down to 31-17 at the half. BUT, I missed something very important. We finally have a real coaching staff! They actually took this team in at halftime and made them better for the second half. When was the last time we saw that?

Dooley would have ended up losing this game by 2-3 touchdowns.

I now see there is a similar thread on this. Sorry. Please merge it.

Secondary is young and will give up some plays but man do they have some BALL SKILLS 5 picks and that includes a couple of drops could be 7!!

VN Store

Back