We Need A Rb To Complete The Class....

westsidevol

All we need is a RB to complete the class. Cosby was a longshot anyway. If we don't get Hardestry I would not take another RB this year.

Cosby was a DB, however Texass recruited him to play both ways at WR, DB and SPT.

Given our depth at RB, I don't think having a 2nd running back is vital. I think Hardesty would be a nice pickup, and I believe we get him tomorrow, but not a requirement for this class.

We need another DE at this point moreso than another RB.

Riggs
Foster
Williams
Coker
Yancey
Hardesty(if we land him)

What were you saying again? :bash:

R. Jean-Francois and ken phillips both in a deal package. both go to the same school now and both are going to go to the same school in college (hopefully), if we pull them out i think i can do a backfilp.

I think we are in good shape at RB. Coker will turn up huge and Riggs should be All-Everything.

When you add the other guys in the previous post, we should be okay.

If we get Francois and Phillips this class will go down in history as one of the best all-time at any school!

Originally posted by surrealvol@Feb 1, 2005 3:09 PM
If we get Francois and Phillips this class will go down in history as one of the best all-time at any school!

I think the 2003 USC class takes that honor

but if we get at least two more people this could be the best class ever. if we ppull out both them guy that means we get 10 guys from the aa game. that means these players were so good they got to play in the aa game. and we get 10 of them. i think that beats usc class last year.

Originally posted by vols2345@Feb 1, 2005 3:07 PM
R. Jean-Francois and ken phillips both in a deal package. both go to the same school now and both are going to go to the same school in college (hopefully), if we pull them out i think i can do a backfilp.

I don't think that's correct. Maybe you mean Gerald Williams and Vlad Richard? All signs point to us land those two.

Who was saying we are set at RB. Riggs is the only RB with experience. Yancey has some but we all know he is more of a mop up type back.

That leaves Foster and Williams. Williams is too small to carry the load. Foster may be good but we have yet to see him play. What if Riggs went down.........Foster would be THE MAN.

So that leaves Coker who did nothing his Sr year due to an injury. Think he will be ready by Sept ? Who knows but it is enough of a risk to get another RB.

Foster, Williams and Yancey have all had time to learn the offense and blocking assignments. Obviously, Riggs is going to be our guy, but I am looking forward to seeing some new guys run the ball. If we have a great OL next year, the RB situation might not matter as much. Let's not forget about our big FB who has shown a lot of versatility including blocking.

Don't forget we also have the best running back coach in the country.

Originally posted by WolfofLon+Feb 1, 2005 3:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (WolfofLon &#064; Feb 1, 2005 3:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-vols2345@Feb 1, 2005 3:07 PM
R. Jean-Francois and ken phillips both in a deal package.  both go to the same school now and both are going to go to the same school in college (hopefully),  if we pull them out i think i can do a backfilp.

I don&#39;t think that&#39;s correct. Maybe you mean Gerald Williams and Vlad Richard? All signs point to us land those two.[/quote]
You are correct Wolf. Everything I&#39;ve read has Vlad Richard and Gerald Williams as a package deal. It&#39;s between us and Florida, and most everyone seems to think they will both be wearing orange next year.

Side note - I have enjoyed checking out this board for a while but this is my first official post here. Can&#39;t wait until tomorrow to finally hear who will be padding the already unbelievable &#39;05 recruiting class&#33;

no what i said was an opinion. i guess i should have stated that. i just feel there both going to the same school. TENNESSEE.

Just too add something, we may have the best Fullback in the country in our Knoxville native Cory Anderson. We are going to include him in our gameplan this year and I think he&#39;ll be our best since Mose Phillips and Greg Amsler. He can run, block and catch.....and put a hurting on anyone he comes into contact with. I&#39;m so impressed with him, I dare say he may be a first or second rounder after what he does this upcoming year......and don&#39;t forget Holbert waiting to fill his shoes.
:pepper:

Originally posted by StripClubDJ@Feb 1, 2005 6:19 PM
Just too add something, we may have the best Fullback in the country in our Knoxville native Cory Anderson.

For real&#33; I think that Anderson is going to be a big part of our offense next season. He seems like the total package. He can do it all&#33;

He&#39;s got great hands and is the best receiver out of the backfield in a long time. Comes from playing roundball while at A-E. ;)

Originally posted by memvolfan+Feb 1, 2005 5:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (memvolfan @ Feb 1, 2005 5:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by WolfofLon@Feb 1, 2005 3:20 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-vols2345
@Feb 1, 2005 3:07 PM
R. Jean-Francois and ken phillips both in a deal package.  both go to the same school now and both are going to go to the same school in college (hopefully),  if we pull them out i think i can do a backfilp.

I don&#39;t think that&#39;s correct. Maybe you mean Gerald Williams and Vlad Richard? All signs point to us land those two.

You are correct Wolf. Everything I&#39;ve read has Vlad Richard and Gerald Williams as a package deal. It&#39;s between us and Florida, and most everyone seems to think they will both be wearing orange next year.

Side note - I have enjoyed checking out this board for a while but this is my first official post here. Can&#39;t wait until tomorrow to finally hear who will be padding the already unbelievable &#39;05 recruiting class&#33; [/quote]
Welcome memvolfan, glad you decided to post.

As for Anderson, I love the guy. He is really quite athletic for his size and he has great hands. I don&#39;t remember seeing him drop many balls this year.

I hope some of the guys behind riggs make a push for the starting job. That&#39;ll make Riggs alot better. Anderson is awesome, it took 6 aggies to take him down. lol He can catch and run, and is a good blocker. Anderson is the entire package. Riggs and Anderson in the backfield gives us alot of options.

VN Store

Back