Week 4 ranking is inpressive

UTFranklinVol

Tennessee hasn't been ranked this high going into week 4 since 2001. We are finally "back" and being recognized as a true contender without having played a really big game yet like many teams like Bama and OSU typically enjoy. Something just feels different about this team like they haven't even really pressed the gas pedal to the floor yet and already scoring 70 points. I'll know for sure that my feeling is true if we handle Oklahoma like we handled NC State but right now this team has lighting bolt written all over it.

We've also given up the fewest point through 3 games since 1966! I know we've played cupcakes but that's ALWAYS true. I 've seen dozens of UT games against cupcakes and we didn't look like we do now, we didn't win the same, there was ZERO sleepwalking through the game this year. I feel the best I have in decades as a UT alumni and fan. GB🍊!

Last edited:
I agree we are not sleep walking through these easier games, even though NC State was not supposed to be an easy game. It makes me realize how lucky we are this year to have a coaching staff and team hungry enough to not take the lesser teams for granted and take a game off.

We play cupcakes all the time and it’s been forever that we have just gone out and dominated like we have.

The only thing that really concerns me about OU is being on the road. It’s not been Heup’s strength thus far.

Reactions: McDad
Also {crossing fingers} no major bad decisions off the field, discipline issues, locker room squabbles, etc.

Coach Heupel and the staff are doing a great job, it seems, not letting NIL money lead to stupid behavior.

Tennessee hasn't been ranked this high going into week 4 since 2001. We are finally "back" and being recognized as a true contender without having played a really big game yet like many teams like Bama and OSU typically enjoy. Something just feels different about this team like they haven't even really pressed the gas pedal to the floor yet and already scoring 70 points. I'll know for sure that my feeling is true if we handle Oklahoma like we handled NC State but right now this team has lighting bolt written all over it.

We've also given up the fewest point through 3 games since 1966! I know we've played cupcakes but that's ALWAYS true. I 've seen dozens of UT games against cupcakes and we didn't look like we do now, we didn't win the same, there was ZERO sleepwalking through the game this year. I feel the best I have in decades as a UT alumni and fan. GB🍊!
Understand feeling. Same. This Team is really good really good. Stay Healthy and we can compete for Championship. Oklahoma only chance is TN beating themselves. We play a clean game we walk out of there stadium with 17 point W. In CHRIST Alone

Reactions: chuckiepoo
We play cupcakes all the time and it’s been forever that we have just gone out and dominated like we have.

The only thing that really concerns me about OU is being on the road. It’s not been Heup’s strength thus far.
Other than a few Elite Teams over the years who has fared well on road. Tennessee is Elite I believe and ready for this conquering of Sooners in their Stadium. In CHRIST Alone

Exactly we normally go into those games and let them hang around for far too long. I have literally not seen a team go in flamethrowers blazing this way since Nebraska of the 90's. But we weren't the only ones Ole Miss and Texas are on the same stuff.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back