Weiss might be in more trouble than previously thought

volfanbill

pack light and love heavy…
Seems his buyout figures have possibly been overestimated, or at the very least, enough boosters can carry the load

ESPN - Report: Charlie Weis' buyout figure won't keep him safe at Notre Dame

The Tribune, citing multiple sources, reported that earlier reports on the size of Weis' buyout -- previously said to be as much as $10 million -- are inaccurate. The paper also said that the amount isn't enough to affect whether Notre Dame decides to part ways with Weis.

If Weis' salary was up to $650,000, the paper reported, that would put his buyout at less than $5 million. The paper, citing an unnamed prominent alumnus, called a buyout figure "loose change."

ND coming up with the cash i don't think has been or will be the problem.

i think the larger issue is......can ND really afford to revolve the coaching door again?

i mean at this point, how good of a job can it really be? YOu look at who's turned down that job previously and you look who ND has had to settle for?

that said, there's guys out there, a la the Brian Kelly type that are at perceived 2nd tier schools that the allure of being the head coach at Notre Dame might be too much to turn down.

who knows.

I do think it's funny as hell though.

fat charlie will get another year if for any other reason but to save ND's face for that huge buyout.

Another thing hurting him is the fact that he's yet to establish a relationship with any big time Notre Dame member.

fat charlie will get another year if for any other reason but to save ND's face for that huge buyout.

The whole purpose of the article was that the buyout wasn't an issue
Posted via VolNation Mobile

The whole purpose of the article was that the buyout wasn't an issue
Posted via VolNation Mobile

i'm aware of the point of the article, but they still signed him to a 10 year deal. firing him now, no matter what the buyout, is a severe egg on the face move.

and losing to Syracuse isn't? Or the drubbing that will likely take place this weekend?

VN Store

Back