Welcome Mike Corn, New Director of Operations

I'm a little confused here as well. UT posted the job opening on July 16, how do you know who the new Director of Baseball Operations is on the 12th?

Also, I'd be impressed if anyone could name more than a handful of Director of Operations for any sport in all of NCAA. Typically all it takes is a Communications or Sports Management Degree and rarely (but in this case) playing and/or coaching experience.

Yeah I did a little investigating myself. Mike Corn is the recruiting coordinator at Tusclum. All well and good, but the posting from UTK asks for Bachelor's degree. As far as I could gather Corn only has an Associates Degree. Tusculum might have not mentioned it, yet they do in every other coaches profile.

I'm pretty sure at a state school it is required that employees of an administration nature have at least a Bachelor's Degree. Schools such as Tusculum, which is private, can set their own regulations due to the school not being state funded.

Yes, I have no life at all.

On a side note, Tusculum has a beautiful field.

Anyway, it's not a coach. Who cares?

Last edited:
Yeah I did a little investigating myself. Mike Corn is the recruiting coordinator at Tusclum. All well and good, but the posting from UTK asks for Bachelor's degree. As far as I could gather Corn only has an Associates Degree. Tusculum might have not mentioned it, yet they do in every other coaches profile.

I'm pretty sure at a state school it is required that employees of an administration nature have at least a Bachelor's Degree. Schools such as Tusculum, which is private, can set their own regulations due to the school not being state funded.

Yes, I have no life at all.

On a side note, Tusculum has a beautiful field.

Anyway, it's not a coach. Who cares?

it's nice to have a multibillionaire totally renovate just about an entire campus.

To my sports management classes/ experience applying for jobs, you are pretty much right on the state school employee thing. Most coaches must have a degree as well. Hence the reason Keith Jennings returned to ETSU.

VN Store

Back