@WestTennesseeFox search party thread

It’s jury duty. Buy a dowdy frock or pant suit at the thrift store. Wear it first day. When first questioned by the attorneys, tell them that the defendant looks familiar to you. You’re not sure, but you thought you saw him outside the arena where the Grizzlies play, outside a nightclub, hanging around the sidewalk outside a middle school when the girls had PE outside. After the defense attorney excuses you, donate the thrift store outfit.

I have more than enough professional, courtroom appropriate outfits; I just have not worn them the past three years. Since I will not lie to the court, my plan is to dress real conservative and appear to be the stuffy, holier-than-thou type. Let's see if it works!

Reactions: Tin Man
Tell them you have some sort of technical degree (i.e. you won't be sympathetic to made up BS data or stats). That should get you excused. That's assuming you don't just have to sit there all freaking week and you don't get picked them eliminated.

Reactions: WestTennesseeFox
I have more than enough professional, courtroom appropriate outfits; I just have not worn them the past three years. Since I will not lie to the court, my plan is to dress real conservative and appear to be the stuffy, holier-than-thou type. Let's see if it works!

I just planned on sitting there for a day. It worked then dismissed. No one likely noticed how I was dressed or that I was there at all.

I just planned on sitting there for a day. It worked then dismissed. No one likely noticed how I was dressed or that I was there at all.
In FL, you had to go all week unless you were picked for a jury pool. Then, you were either sent home or selected for the jury. Fuggers picked me 3 times in about 12 months. The 3rd time they picked me I was moving. I called them and just said "hey, I won't be making jury duty." Didn't go over well when I told them I just didn't feel like it. Moved 2 days later.

In FL, you had to go all week unless you were picked for a jury pool. Then, you were either sent home or selected for the jury. Fuggers picked me 3 times in about 12 months. The 3rd time they picked me I was moving. I called them and just said "hey, I won't be making jury duty." Didn't go over well when I told them I just didn't feel like it. Moved 2 days later.

I'm 0 for 3 in getting out of jury duty.

@BigOrangeMojo has had similar success to @95 Vol Alum. He either sits and gets dismissed or gets called back and excluded.

I'm 0 for 3 in getting out of jury duty.

@BigOrangeMojo has had similar success to @95 Vol Alum. He either sits and gets dismissed or gets called back and excluded.

Oh I got called back with like 50 people on Monday. Never got close to the front.

My favorite part was when the judge excused the selected. They stepped through the doorway. As soon as the door shut, he excused everyone else for the week. I could feel the disappointment through the door as we all cheered.

I got jury duty, became the voice of justice, and made sure that mfer did time for theft, they were gonna let this guy go cause they felt sorry about his background, not on my watch.... :D

Reactions: malinoisvol
I was not seriously suggesting that you lie to the court. My courtroom humor is drier than the air at 40,000’.

VN Store

Back