What a great day for college baseball

BruinVol

Hope everyone is well!

Im so happy a great step has been taken for the betterment of the kids in college baseball today

For those asking this isn’t good for the Vols

Reactions: chuckiepoo and txbo
What the hell would anyone think to specifically ask, concerning Tennessee, from such a comically vague post?

It’s been asked in the other thread if this is good for tenn and it’s also been said this changes
Nothing. That’s completely false

the reason it’s bad for tenn is TV is the most aggressive early recruiter out there.
He gets commitments from younger kids at higher rates than anyone and hes
Damn good at it. In fact I think he’s one of the main coaches this rule has in the crosshairs.

the biggest piece of this news is they can’t be offered until their Junior year now so this will stop these commitments from 8-10th grade kids. The public commitments won’t happen or if they do it will be a clear admission of rules being broken. Baseball is about to have silent commitments like football. Weird world

Last edited:
they just made camps a bigger deal and made recruiting a longer process. If you have never been through this, you would not understand. I can promise you these guys celebrate the day that they are done with the recruiting. Because it is high stress on all fronts. Some of it will be solved by not having the contacts but everybody asking you what are you going to do? Where are you going to go and all of that, it’s not as easy as everyone thinks Many of these guys want to get it over with as soon as I can, and having to wait until their junior year is not a good thing for some I still feel like you will have the commitments, but they will not be guaranteed commitments until their junior year. So now the race is on to get all the commitments you can between now and April 26.

they just made camps a bigger deal and made recruiting a longer process. If you have never been through this, you would not understand. I can promise you these guys celebrate the day that they are done with the recruiting. Because it is high stress on all fronts. Some of it will be solved by not having the contacts but everybody asking you what are you going to do? Where are you going to go and all of that, it’s not as easy as everyone thinks Many of these guys want to get it over with as soon as I can, and having to wait until their junior year is not a good thing for some I still feel like you will have the commitments, but they will not be guaranteed commitments until their junior year. So now the race is on to get all the commitments you can between now and April 26.

Agreed
lots of action between now and the 26th

I also agree that committing early is good for some but overall this is good for majority of kids going thru this process.
Now kids won’t be asked in the 8th and 9th grade those types of questions and that never should have been the case

Reactions: taylorvol
I like the concept of the change..... however, they need to change it from a player's Junior year to their Sophomore year. Yes, camps are going to be huge, and the money spent on these camps by the school is going to 5-fold

Good to see you back on the Baseball Forum Bruin......

I like the concept of the change..... however, they need to change it from a player's Junior year to their Sophomore year. Yes, camps are going to be huge, and the money spent on these camps by the school is going to 5-fold

Good to see you back on the Baseball Forum Bruin......

Hope you are well. I don’t see these camps costing schools money jmo. The opposite really. Coaches going to make more $

I agree wholeheartedly it would be better if it was soph year. This is a drastic move

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Hope you are well. I don’t see these camps costing schools money jmo. The opposite really. Coaches going to make more $

I agree wholeheartedly it would be better if it was soph year. This is a drastic move
I meant that camps will go all out spending money to make the camp/school seem like its Disneyland......well that's maybe a bad example but you know what I mean. Big buffets of food, free team gear and swag, free bats, shoes and whatever else you can think of that makes the camper feel like a king.

I meant that camps will go all out spending money to make the camp/school seem like its Disneyland......well that's maybe a bad example but you know what I mean. Big buffets of food, free team gear and swag, free bats, shoes and whatever else you can think of that makes the camper feel like a king.

interesting. Maybe true

I’m sure that’s next. Well deserved. I laugh when folks criticize him when he calls TN games. He’s superb and such a great ambassador for TN and college baseball.
Yes he is, on a broadcast involving UT, he has to be somewhat neutral

Yes he is, on a broadcast involving UT, he has to be somewhat neutral
I talked to him before the 2021 Ole Miss football game during the Salute to The Hill, and asked how hard is it to contain your emotions/be unbiased. He said it’s easier than you think but since they had been calling games from home that’s what the mute button was for lol. I told him the call of Evan’s 3rd HR vs. Vandy was not unbiased for anyone who knew who Burke was and he said no that was fan girl taking over.

VN Store

Back