What about Kaniela Tuipulotu??

ivtec_jrod

Hawaii's top rated player. I haven't read anything about this 4 star player. It looks between us and Utah.

If he comes to UT I don't see him playing much. He is very undersized for a DT. Although, McGlothlin is only 6 ft. so you never know.

He has plenty of size. He is about 6'1 280 and has a frame that will certainly carry him around 300 in college. However, he is most likley going to Arizona. He visited Arizona last weekend and was raving about the visit. He says they are his new #1. They have made a big emphasis on signing Hawaii and already have 2 of the top 5 players from the state. They also already have some Hawaiian players on the team. I think that is his most likely destination. I think he really like UT but distance was a factor.

I wouldnt call 6'2 short and how is distance a factor for a player from Hawaii?

jesse is listed at 6'1 on the Titans site. Scout lists him at 6'2.

He was measured at 6'0'' 1/2 at the NFL combine, which is the only place that you'll find an accurate height measurement. That's very short for a DT. Like being a 5'10" quarterback.

I wouldnt call 6'2 short and how is distance a factor for a player from Hawaii?

He's not 6'2", first of all.

Secondly, you'll find some successful DTs at 6'0", 6'1", etc, but the real crazy guys are big ol' boys.

Anyway, Mahelona was a short DT, and he was good. Thus Tuipu can be good, too, regardless.

I teach economics and government, not geography, but I know Arizona is much closer to Hawaii than Tennessee is. My father used to work in Hawaii when we lived in Chattanooga and his flights were ridiculously long.

I think most fans have not factored in how much better our defense would have been if a.) Harrell did not get injured, BUT ALSO b.) we had a junior leave early for the NFL that is probably better than most people realized.

If you're talking about McDaniel than you're right. He was pretty good. If he's not starting, then he sure is playing a lot down in Miami. Would have probably started for us this year.

If you're talking about McDaniel than you're right. He was pretty good. If he's not starting, then he sure is playing a lot down in Miami. Would have probably started for us this year.

McDaniel is a 2nd string DT for Jacksonville. He's done very well for a rookie. It's Jason Allen who is in Miami.

I teach economics and government, not geography, but I know Arizona is much closer to Hawaii than Tennessee is. My father used to work in Hawaii when we lived in Chattanooga and his flights were ridiculously long.

but is the few extra hours in the air, really that much of a difference to a recruit from Hawaii?

Henderson wasn't a John clone. He was a tweener that was having trouble finding a spot on either rotation. I think he would have been good, but nothing like John. He was around 6-5 280.

Raymond Henderson came to UT at 6'5 250lbs. Not much of a difference when you expect them to grow into their body frame. I think he would have been a stud.

VN Store

Back