What are some things to do around BOA Stadium before kickoff

KureVol

Are you serious Clark?
If anyone has been to BOA Stadium please comment on things to do in the area. I am going to get there a couple of hours before kickoff and wanted to know if there is anything to do.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol

The Charlotte alumni chapter is hosting a social Friday night at Town Brewing starting at 7 PM (Town Brewing Co. Wesley Heights Charlotte NC | Town Brewing). Event is free but we will be selling buttons and doing a raffle to raise money for the chapter scholarship fund. More info here:

VOLS Welcome Party

Saturday pregame is at Clutch Kitchen and Pourhouse. This is just a bar to hang out at before kickoff and watch the early games. It's a very short walk to the stadium.

Clutch

If anyone has been to BOA Stadium please comment on things to do in the area. I am going to get there a couple of hours before kickoff and wanted to know if there is anything to do.
Like WillisWG posted, the local alumni will be at Clutch Kitchen and Pourhouse from around noon just hanging and watching the early games. Short walk from there to B of A.

If you're looking for more tourist type stuff, NASCAR Hall of Fame is in Uptown, there's Mint Uptown Museum and the Bechlter Modern Art museum if you want to get high culture, and the Museum of Illusions is also Uptown (sounds lame but is actually pretty cool).

There’s always the mechanical bull at Dale Jr’s Whisky bar … it’s right up the street

Lots of bars and restaurants in the immediate vicinity of the stadium, and there's a big UT-sponsored event at the baseball stadium across the street but I think tickets may be sold out. Personally I prefer the bars a little closer to the center of the city, Connelly's and Ri Ra are good Irish pubs. If you want to watch *all* of the games, check out Duckworth's on the north side of uptown, they put BWW to shame with the number of TVs they have on the walls - pretty good wings too. If you're a Nascar fan, the Nascar Hall of Fame/museum is a few minute walk away as well - I've heard good things.

If you're in the under 30 crowd, you'll have more fun in South End, a 15 minute walk or so from the stadium. Tons of breweries with indoor and outdoor seating, food trucks, etc. Seoul Food is a personal favorite, Korean + Southern fusion (weird, but it's good!) with an outdoor bar that usually has a game on.

Charlotte's pretty condensed, just wander around and you'll find some fun. It also handles traffic pretty well compared to Knoxville, so you aren't really locked in to on-foot only imo.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
There’s always the mechanical bull at Dale Jr’s Whisky bar … it’s right up the street
That has closed. It was in the Epicentre entertainment center which became notorious for a lot of gun play. The Epicentre has been renamed and totally redevolped.

Reactions: maryvillenative
Hopfly Brewing is right down the street, short walking distance. Plenty of outside seating and they've got a rooftop bar with a view facing Uptown. The entire neighborhood around it, South End, has a lot more to do in terms of food and breweries/drinks if that's your sort of thing.

Guy I work with is a big Ohio State fan and he and I are going to the game. Going to hop around South End and take in what I hope is a lot of orange scenery.

Bought tickets last night. 1st Row Section 133 (between 30-40) on the Tennessee sideline! Let's get this win!

I'll prob be at the rooftop at Graham Street Pub & Patio Bar before the game.

Last edited:
What time are they doing vol walk etc ? Got tickets in 224.. flying up Friday night .. pumped for this game

I used to pass by Charlotte on my way to Laurinburg where I attended Saint Andrews Presbyterian College.

That is ACC country in Laurinburg.

VN Store

Back